Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin Cullen living the high life in Florida at our expense

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

forfuxsake wrote: »
    My point? My point is that he was not a dictator. We, the electorate, put him and those like him in power. Yes he is a feckin' idiot/schiester/scoundrel but what does that make us?

This isn't Libya, Iraq or even the US(a two-party democracy)We have been governed by loons and idiots for half a century because we voted them in.

And even if ye didn't vote FF, ye probably didn't protest too much either while the cash was flowing.

Now we can deliberate the moral thing to do all day but that doesn't change the reality that most of us in his position would do the same thing.

My point really was that refusing to speak to the DM is not the same as refusing to address the Irish people.

Met him in passing always found him to be a gent....... parish politics. Ive met many politicians in passing and though they might be nice to your face the last thing i would describe the leeches as is 'gents'.

There isnt many sitting in the dail today that i would have any admiration for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Biggins wrote: »
    If we agreed to something or not, orders coming down from above - is still orders!

...Unless I am completely stupid!

Your saying Germany is dictating Irish policy by proposing (or heading the proposal) of a treaty that can only be ratified by Ireland with a referendum.

I dont understand how a group of states agreeing to abide by common policy is one state dictating to the rest. We did not have to ratify this treaty, we as a people chose to. I understand you may not have been one who did but you cant call everyone else fools and traitors and refuse to accept their decision or the consequences of that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Your saying Germany is dictating Irish policy by proposing (or heading the proposal) of a treaty that can only be ratified by Ireland with a referendum.

I dont understand how a group of states agreeing to abide by common policy is one state dictating to the rest. We did not have to ratify this treaty, we as a people chose to. I understand you may not have been one who did but you cant call everyone else fools and traitors and refuse to accept their decision or the consequences of that decision.

I am saying that Ireland has voted "Yes" to something that us still not defined and is further up for even more change - change that we cannot now say "No" to (even if we don't like the future conditions - which also might not suit us but be a chance for other countries to try and effect such things like, our corporation tax rate etc, under the excuse that "O' well we do it for your good, that we order ye to raise it!".

I am saying that whatever orders come from our German EU led masters, when they say "Jump" - we will be asking "How High?" like good little proles!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

listermint wrote: »
    Met him in passing always found him to be a gent....... parish politics. Ive met many politicians in passing and though they might be nice to your face the last thing i would describe the leeches as is 'gents'.

There isnt many sitting in the dail today that i would have any admiration for.

me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dexter, where are ya when we need ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm watching an Only Fools And Horses special set in Florida where Del and Rodney get mixed up with the mafia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm watching an Only Fools And Horses special set in Florida where Del and Rodney get mixed up with the mafia.

Whereas Cullen fled to Florida to get away from his FF mafia mates....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/03/article-2153931-136BFD89000005DC-636_634x451.jpg

Poor little man's back looks ok, but he would need high heels to get up to his girlfriend. Hope he is not over exerting himself.

It's up on her he needs to get. And it's always easy to climb a fallen tree.:):):)

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »

...But joining bank ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I didn't know Martin Cullen was Jewish.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

Be careful what yuz say about Cullen. he and Monica Leetch were fond of taking libel actions. A couple of hundred grand is a nice top up to a good state pension.

Be careful what yuz say about Cullen. he and Monica Leetch were fond of taking libel actions. A couple of hundred grand is a nice top up to a good state pension.

Nothing libellous posted here about him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ah sure isn't he not breaking any law? He worked hard for what he has and is perfectly entitled to it all. Stop begrudging him :rolleyes:

Please provide evidence for the statement in bold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whatever about his back there's f**k all wrong with his neck

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »

:D :pac:

Ha... very good! :D

Bambi wrote: »

Not to mention other parts of his anatomy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

For fcuk sake.

When will people realise that it is us, the people, that allows this crap to continue.

Ah sure, we'll just wait for the next elections and all will be well. We'll show them then.

The government should be running this country for us, the irish people, but they're only running it for themselves and into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

ilovesleep wrote: »
    For fcuk sake.

When will people realise that it is us, the people, that allows this crap to continue.

Ah sure, we'll just wait for the next elections and all will be well. We'll show them then.

The government should be running this country for us, the irish people, but they're only running it for themselves and into the ground.

Ok, lets do something....... ammm what do we do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Ok, lets do something....... ammm what do we do ?

Many people bowed down too quick with the household charge, for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know the Irish citizens who are Bondholders ? Why won't they tell us ?

Why won't they tell us ?

Omerta.

Same reason the government won't tell us what the National Liabilities Mismanagement Agency (NAMA) is pissing away our taxes on. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Nothing libellous posted here about him. :pac:
    At least two in your last post.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Personally, I have to state that from my knowledge of the man, Martin Cullen entered politics for the right reason. I understand that people like to throw insults at certain individuals, but to make an accusation that he did not work hard is b o llox. Martin Culen dedicate his life to public service and it probably cost him his marriage. He will be remembered for the e-voting fiasco, which is a pity as he did a lot of good work while he was a minister. People forget, that he was not really wanted in Fianna Fail either, as he was seen as someone who had turned his back on them before.
    Martin Cullen was a decent man, and a hard working politician both for the government of the time and his constituency. There is no way he could be painted with the same brush as some of his dodgy fianna fail colleagues. He gave up politics due to a chronic ailment. Waterford is a worse off place without him representing them.

(waits for the abuse, could not give 2 fcuks)

he did a lot of good work while he was a minister.

Go on, give us examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Biggins wrote: »
    Voting "No" would have at least said "We want once more, to be able to have fuller say over our own destiny - be it sink or swim!" and maintain our rights to stronger self-government.
    ...But no, the scared, the blind, the fools and the traitors/Judas's of this nation have sold their sold their nation for more coin.

Forgive me if I do not thank traitors.

No voters diplomatic as ever. Not to mention democratic.

The parties which advocated a no vote, if they got into power, in their magical world would immediately retract on the yes, or so they say. Yes or no, it matters for nothing in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cannonise Cullen now.

Cannonise Cullen now.

Not asking anyone to cannonise him, but don't ridicule a man who tried his best and tried to be a good politician. That his best was not good enough for some people, they are entitled to their opinion as I am entitiled to mine. He was not a bull sh1T artist like most of his colleagues and most of todays politicians, he was probably too honest for his own good.

As for people beliving that lying underhand politicians were got rid out of government at the last election, would (if they have not realised it already) want to open their eyes to see that little has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

so i take it he is not paying his taxes in ireland,yet happy to profit from us..the usual malarky from businessmen/women so..

Civil service pensions are taxed at source so his pension is being taxed in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Anyone know the Irish citizens who are Bondholders ? Why won't they tell us ?

Bonds can be bought and sold, so whoever owns them now is really immaterial.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

so whats he doing in florida?

Personally, I have to state that from my knowledge of the man, Martin Cullen entered politics for the right reason. I understand that people like to throw insults at certain individuals, but to make an accusation that he did not work hard is b o llox. Martin Culen dedicate his life to public service and it probably cost him his marriage. He will be remembered for the e-voting fiasco, which is a pity as he did a lot of good work while he was a minister. People forget, that he was not really wanted in Fianna Fail either, as he was seen as someone who had turned his back on them before.
    Martin Cullen was a decent man, and a hard working politician both for the government of the time and his constituency. There is no way he could be painted with the same brush as some of his dodgy fianna fail colleagues. He gave up politics due to a chronic ailment. Waterford is a worse off place without him representing them.

(waits for the abuse, could not give 2 fcuks)

He is living it up now. And what did he do for his country ? He was a sort of pork barrel politician who got a few things done for Waterford

He is living it up now. And what did he do for his country ? He was a sort of pork barrel politician who got a few things done for Waterford

It might sound parochial, but yes he did do a lot for waterford and I make no apologies for it

He did more in the couple of years he was there than the Deasy dynasty did in decades. And he did more in the same lenght of time than the Fianna Fail Kennelly dynasty did ever.

Since he has gone, Waterford has fallen off the map again, we have Phil the Pcrik Hogan fkucing with our councils, our WRH threatened at being down graded, no sign of any university status for WIT, even though all those fkucers ran on that ticket and a serious return to Waterford becoming the forgotton city again.
    Do not try and tell me that parochial politics is a thing of the past, especially when you see the government money that is flying into Mayo

Fair play to him if he is living in Florida, I would be out there myself if I could afford the flight every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is yer wan with over there.

It might sound parochial, but yes he did do a lot for waterford and I make no apologies for it

He did more in the couple of years he was there than the Deasy dynasty did in decades. And he did more in the same lenght of time than the Fianna Fail Kennelly dynasty did ever.

Since he has gone, Waterford has fallen off the map again, we have Phil the Pcrik Hogan fkucing with our councils, our WRH threatened at being down graded, no sign of any university status for WIT, even though all those fkucers ran on that ticket and a serious return to Waterford becoming the forgotton city again.
    Do not try and tell me that parochial politics is a thing of the past, especially when you see the government money that is flying into Mayo

Fair play to him if he is living in Florida, I would be out there myself if I could afford the flight every year.

He was a party jumper careerist, Ind,PD, FF. I suppose you will say he saved Waterford glass. I remember he paid (with out taxes) for transport to the ships thing in the port.And he gave Monica Leetch a huge PR contract (with our money again) for some PR business ,God Bless us.

Advertisement