Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flourless cake

Options
  • 03-06-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hello all, hope you are enjoying the long weekend. Have a quick question about a recipe for lemon cake.

I have a recipe, in a book, in my house, for lemon cake which has no milk products and no flour in it which I want to make. Unfortunately, I am in my mothers house for a week, a 2hour car ride from the book!!

From memory there are eggs and sugar which you whip together until kinda stiff, then you fold in the lemon puree, which you made by boiling (or microwaving) some unwaxed lemons, then you fold in the ground almonds.

I know that you need more ground almonds that are in the standard pack in the supermarket and I think there are 6 eggs (or maybe 4) but I cannot for the life of me even attempt to guess how much sugar goes in!! I also have a funny feeling I might be forgetting something. Does anyone have a similar recipe or the same recipe they could give me?

The book its from is called low GI cooking for vegetarians (or something like that) but I can't remember the author, think her name might be Rose...

Comments

Advertisement