Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers Advice.

Options
  • 03-06-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hai y'all. I usually never resort to asking for advice on forums, or from anywhere really, but I'm so lost/unsure right now.

So I left school last year and I decided not to go to college for a couple of reasons. 1) I hate studying and have literally no motivation to do it. 2) I don't have a "career path" I'm following or anything like that, I'd be very happy doing a simple job that doesn't require lots of qualifications. So yeah, I thought it would be pointless going tbh when I wouldn't be that dedicated to it.

Now it's a year since I finished school, I've had one job for a few months in that year, it's SO hard to get jobs around here, and lately I've been considering maybe going to College in September? I really want to go to Uni for the fun/social side of it, and I'm of course aware that I'd have to study, for College/Uni, but from what I've heard it sounds like loads of fun and I sorta feel like if I don't go, I'll be missing out?

I don't know what I want you guys to say really, I just want some advice on what you'd do in my situation? Or if you've experienced this type of thing, if you've regretted going/not going? Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Stacey. wrote: »
    I hate studying and have literally no motivation to do it.
    I really want to go to Uni for the fun/social side of it, and I'm of course aware that I'd have to study, for College/Uni, but from what I've heard it sounds like loads of fun and I sorta feel like if I don't go, I'll be missing out?
    It sounds like you want to go to Uni for all the wrong reasons. If you hate studying, then pursuing a third-level qualification isn't for you.

That said, I don't really believe that you hate studying everything - there must be something that interests you? Something that you would like to know more about?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

djpbarry wrote: »
    It sounds like you want to go to Uni for all the wrong reasons. If you hate studying, then pursuing a third-level qualification isn't for you.

That said, I don't really believe that you hate studying everything - there must be something that interests you? Something that you would like to know more about?

It sort of is for the wrong reasons...but I know I've got to work if I go.

I think I'm into psychology and things like that, it sounds pretty good. :)

Advertisement