Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Cafe

Options
  • 03-06-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

How's it going lads,
    Do any of ye know if there are any decent gaming cafes in cork city?
    late night places with good pcs and and good staff?
    i've heard about web workhouse on winthrop street, but i've heard their staff are arrogant and their rates are expensive.
    Something like Area51 would be brilliant, but i doubt there'll ever be a place like that again.
    Cheers lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pretty sure WWH is all that's left. Dunno who the staff are these days but they used to have a lot of gamers on the desk. Hassan was always a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Whoever said the staff are arrogant deserves a slap! The guys are lovely and ive been going there for years now. Rates are 5 euro for 4 hours which is around the average price everywhere when there were a few cafes open. Just make sure you ask for a gaming pc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

some lad on a forum was giving out about arrogant staff and being threatened on one occasion, but i think it might have been him rather than the staff that had the problem. I might pop in and give it a go so. what's the gaming scene like there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

how long is it since area 51 closed?they gave there hardware away for nothing from WHat I can remember,I can't believe the web work house is still going :eek: I was In there around 2002,2003 gaming :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

magicianz wrote: »
    Whoever said the staff are arrogant deserves a slap! The guys are lovely and ive been going there for years now. Rates are 5 euro for 4 hours which is around the average price everywhere when there were a few cafes open. Just make sure you ask for a gaming pc :P

+1

They guys in there are A1. They've never been nothing but curteous to me. I always have a good auld chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

how long is it since area 51 closed?they gave there hardware away for nothing from WHat I can remember,I can't believe the web work house is still going :eek: I was In there around 2002,2003 gaming :eek:

Its actually growing and doing quite well as far as ive seen, new cafe added on at the front about 2 years ago i think, staff have been the same mostly for the last 3/4 years! Cafe is getting decent business and same with the computers. As for the scene, I've been outta the loop for a while now unfortunately so don't know peak times, but i imagine friday/saturday night would be high up there! Most of the lads in there are very nice and happy to talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Wondered if they had gaming in there, never made Area51 but looked a good spot in the day...

...now for some hi-jacking, anybody here interested in a boards.ie gaming night there? I'd be disposed towards organising if I get some firmish yes's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Persol

some lad on a forum was giving out about arrogant staff and being threatened on one occasion, but i think it might have been him rather than the staff that had the problem. I might pop in and give it a go so. what's the gaming scene like there?

The gaming scene is superb there! Hi spec machines and sound and cool staff! Hassan, the manager, is a legend! an A+ to all of them there!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

...now for some hi-jacking, anybody here interested in a boards.ie gaming night there? I'd be disposed towards organising if I get some firmish yes's.

I'd say you'd get a good enough response if you started a new thread for that idea, people have stopped looking at this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement