Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Smartboard prob advice please

• 03-06-2012 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have a smartboard 480 in my school, which was installed Friday evening and was working fine with my laptop when installer left. I disconnected the laptop and today reconnected it, but the message "No source found" comes up. I've checked connections are correct and have tried a couple of times with no success. I cannot contact installer until Tuesday, but really wanted to have it working for class Tuesday morning.
    If you can tell me anything to try Id really appreciate it...I havent used one before Friday so its probably just something simple?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Kayly wrote: »
    I have a smartboard 480 in my school, which was installed Friday evening and was working fine with my laptop when installer left. I disconnected the laptop and today reconnected it, but the message "No source found" comes up. I've checked connections are correct and have tried a couple of times with no success. I cannot contact installer until Tuesday, but really wanted to have it working for class Tuesday morning.
    If you can tell me anything to try Id really appreciate it...I havent used one before Friday so its probably just something simple?

i dont know for sure but could be like connecting a data projector do you need to hit fn + f8 or such. or if not sure connect everything before u turn on the laptop.

laptop won't send signal to external monitor unless you tell it to or else it detects it on startup.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭wingnut

If it is a Windows 7 laptop, windows and P will do the same as the old external monitor functions combinations (Fn+8 or similar as suggested above). If its a mac run the displays control from system preferences.

Might be worth pressing the 'source' button on the projector as it may have other inputs (second VGA, Composite etc) and someone may have inadvertently switched it.

If all else fails turn on the projector hook up the projector and turn the laptop on LAST, it should pick it up while booting.

Needless to say check all your cables are connected properly!

bdoo wrote: »
    nerd to hit fn + f8 or such.

Freudian slip ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

wingnut wrote: »
    Freudian slip ;)

Did a double take alright. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I regularly have this problem with my laptop....If you rightclick on the desk top and get up a screen with graphics properties on it, click that, then as long as the scart is connected click multiple display, a window opens click apply....that sorts it....never had to do this with my old lap top but quite often need to with my new one !!

• Advertisement

solerina wrote: »
    then as long as the scart is connected

You got NEW laptop with a scart connection :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

You may need to change the resolution on your laptop. If its on a really high resolution the projector may not be able to display the screen. Right click on your desktop and click on resolution. You should see a drop down menu that allows you to bring down the resolution. Bring it down to the lowest resolution (800 x 600). Your projector should then display your screen now (if that was the problem in the first place)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

wingnut wrote: »
    You got NEW laptop with a scart connection :eek::eek::eek:

Im not technical....and dont know the name for the connection to the overhead projector :rolleyes:

Advertisement