Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilot schools?

• 03-06-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm doing O.L maths and looked at the contents of the exam papers and it says:

2011 SEC Paper 2 (taken by the 24 pilot schools)
    2011 SEC Sample Paper 2 (for the 24 pilot schools)
    2010 SEC Paper 2 (taken by the 24 pilot schools)
    2010 SEC Sample Paper 2 (for the 24 pilot schools)

What are pilot schools? And if these are pilot schools is there any need to look at these papers, are there many changes?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pilot schools mean the selected schools it was first tried out in.

I would imagine there would have been changes as that is the point of pilot schools, to learn what does or doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Yes you probably should look at these papers. They're the closest thing we have to our paper 2 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

pilot schools are the 24 schools doing project maths paper 1 and paper 2 for their leaving cert/junior cert.
    they have a list of all the 24 schools on the project maths website, if youre not a pilot school you only do paper 2, but yeah check those papers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

I'm in a pilot school and it sucks! I'm already doing ordinary level but because of project maths paper 1 I'm reaally afraid of failing :(

Advertisement