Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom router

Options
  • 03-06-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

quick question, sorry if its dumb. if i plugged in a tp-link router into the telephone line would the broadband work without using the one eircom send out????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

quick question, sorry if its dumb. if i plugged in a tp-link router into the telephone line would the broadband work without using the one eircom send out????

Hi deafroadrunner,

Not a dumb question at all and apologies for the delay with a response. Usually, any standard ADSL router will do the job for you. Ensure that it's not a cable modem or similar. One thing I must advise is that our support section are only trained to troubleshoot eircom supplied devices so when taking on a 3rd party modem it would be up to you to learn how to use it. That said, we do have a link for our modem settings here. If you look down the bottom right you will see some basic settings and an option for 'more'. This will populate the more advanced settings on the list. Hope this helps.

Regards

James

Advertisement