Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This might hurt one of our greatest detractors!

• 03-06-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Since the onset of the economic crisis, teachers have had the galling experience of being excoriated by certain sectors of the media - notably Independent Newspapers - on the one hand whilst then having to buy their publications on the other when looking for jobs.

Well here's a little good news. Those days are coming to an end. This new DES circular paves the way for web-based advertising of teaching vacancies, with a transitional period from now until the end of the year.

I have no problem with freedom of the press, however all of us in our own lives know that freedom of expression has to be used responsibly. You can't expect someone to like you or help you if you attack them at will. Thankfully, our days of being forced to buy the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent are coming to an end and hopefully they might reflect a little on the fact that many of us are not likely to be feeling particularly sorry for them as they face a significant dent in advertising revenue.

http://www.accs.ie/content/uploads/1/cl0020_2012_1__web_based_advertising.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Next sort out the joke that the vecs lack one central site for jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, they have done their absolute best to demonise the public service and teachers in particular over the last few years, no doubt at the instruction of their wealthy owners. Funny how the National Union of Journalists have rejected paycuts of only 5% at a certain newspaper given their colleagues at INM shouting for paycuts in the PS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Next sort out the joke that the vecs lack one central site for jobs.

it is interesting to note that only educationposts.ie is on the list. that should ensure all jobs are advertised here?

it does say that the list can be changed by management bodies so surely the ivea has designated educationposts as a single site for vecs.

or am i a mile off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The vecs often stick an ad up on educationposts/careers that basically says go to our website for info. Better than nothing but I assume each vec has an individual I.t. Staff member and having individual sites that serve the same function is simply to keep someone in a job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... Better than nothing but I assume each vec has an individual I.t. Staff member and having individual sites that serve the same function is simply to keep someone in a job
    A bit like the PS in general then you'd agree - duplication, waste, excess costs, low productivity and impossible to change due to the unions and other vested interests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

mathepac wrote: »
    ... Better than nothing but I assume each vec has an individual I.t. Staff member and having individual sites that serve the same function is simply to keep someone in a job
    A bit like the PS in general then you'd agree - duplication, waste, excess costs, low productivity and impossible to change due to the unions and other vested interests.

Another anti-public servant interloper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Please do not use this thread to bash the public service. Unless you're interested in posting about the topic in the OP then please do not post in this thread again as per the charter, do not respond to this warning in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

bdoo wrote: »

Another anti-public servant interloper.
    If you have a problem with a post report if rather than commenting in the thread. Thanks.

Advertisement