Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for free International Texts?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Does anybody know of an Iphone app to send free international texts to an Irish phone number in the USA. Im on 48 network and dont have a web text service. International texts are currently 25 cents and im not sure of their reliability.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

either viber or whatsapp, or if the recieving person has an iphone they can just use imessenger (they'll need a data connection for all of those)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭apkb

Viber would require the other phone to have Viber also, havent tried whatsapp, is it the same? Is there an app I could use where the other person isnt required to have a smartphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

apkb wrote: »
    Viber would require the other phone to have Viber also, havent tried whatsapp, is it the same? Is there an app I could use where the other person isnt required to have a smartphone?

I use QuickySMS. Available at Google Play and free. Receiver does not have to have it on their phone. The drawback is that it does not show the sender's no. What the receiver gets is the message and "....www.quickysms.com". So you will have to tell your receiver that the texts with that message are from you. But then you have to tell only once !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

apkb wrote: »
    Does anybody know of an Iphone app to send free international texts to an Irish phone number in the USA. Im on 48 network and dont have a web text service. International texts are currently 25 cents and im not sure of their reliability.

Thanks

Try JaxtrSMS, app with free texts to the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fungus wrote: »
    Try JaxtrSMS, app with free texts to the USA.

Only free if the other side has it installed. Also, I found with Jaxtr you get an unknown no of free texts initially(they don't tell you). Then when you are out of freebies, they will invite you to sign up for their cheapo service. Texts to different countries cost different amounts, but they are miles cheaper than the Irish networks. That been my experience anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement