Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRS Rifle Stock

Options
  • 03-06-2012 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Anyone hear of the Stock maker
    grsriflestocks.com/grodas/sporter-varmint
    Any info or experience appreciated.Its going on a Sako 223 Short Action 111

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Constab2 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of the Stock maker
    grsriflestocks.com/grodas/sporter-varmint
    Any info or experience appreciated.Its going on a Sako 223 Short Action 111

Yes Good quality stocks,a bit pricey though.
    But they ship to Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Yes Good quality stocks,a bit pricey though.
    But they ship to Europe.
    Do you have one or know of a Rifle with the stock,they are expensive paid €615
    I ordered the stock 3 weeks ago shouldn't be much longer.Their reputation is second to none from the research I did just anxious to see one in the flesh or hear first hand experience if they live up to the marketing apparently very big in the Nordic Countries with Tikka,Sako among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

.Its going on a Sako 223 Short Action 111

Is the .223 not an action size 1 and the action size 111 is for .22-250,
    .243,.260, 7-08 and 308

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Had the opportunity to try one of these about 4-5 weeks ago. I remembered seeing them in a mag. so when i seen it i asked to have a look.

The feel is good. For someone that is not overly fond of palm swells it fit quite well. The grip was functional, but not "tailored" to my hand, but a slight adjustment in grip, and it worked fine. The overall weight of the gun was good, and no heavier than any other sporter i have held. I believe it was on a Sako, but honestly i was paying more attention to the stock, and cannot be definite on the action/rifle make.

The adjustments were good, and quick to use. LOP was fine at the bench, but a bit better when standing. The one fault i had was the butt hook/bag rider. The hook was overly long, and when fired it would "slip" off the back bag. Now for target shooting that could be an issue, but if only used for bipod/free handed shooting this should not be an issue.

If you don't mind me asking what made you go for it over say an Enda Walsh stock, or one of the other "pre-made" timber stocks out there?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    Had the opportunity to try one of these about 4-5 weeks ago. I remembered seeing them in a mag. so when i seen it i asked to have a look.

The feel is good. For someone that is not overly fond of palm swells it fit quite well. The grip was functional, but not "tailored" to my hand, but a slight adjustment in grip, and it worked fine. The overall weight of the gun was good, and no heavier than any other sporter i have held. I believe it was on a Sako, but honestly i was paying more attention to the stock, and cannot be definite on the action/rifle make.

The adjustments were good, and quick to use. LOP was fine at the bench, but a bit better when standing. The one fault i had was the butt hook/bag rider. The hook was overly long, and when fired it would "slip" off the back bag. Now for target shooting that could be an issue, but if only used for bipod/free handed shooting this should not be an issue.

If you don't mind me asking what made you go for it over say an Enda Walsh stock, or one of the other "pre-made" timber stocks out there?
    Hi Ezridaz I was looking around a while & honestly could not make up my mind on the Sako whether to sell it on or 'Gucci' it up .Had not taken the rifle out for a shot in ages & forgot how good a rifle it is,was using the 308 / HMR all the time.So when I put it up for sale on here I took it out to confirm everything was still zeroed & in working order,I was blown away by the accuracy & action & could not part with it.Looked at all the stocks for ages online and was about to give Fergal Whyte a shout when I came across the GRS/Tikka Performance Site by accident.Made a call, few e mails & decided to bite the bullet & go for the GRS Varmint Sporter in brown,just a spur of the moment thing hope I don't regret it but I like something different & the GRS is by the looks of it the dogs ******.

• Advertisement

ormondprop wrote: »
    Is the .223 not an action size 1 and the action size 111 is for .22-250,
    .243,.260, 7-08 and 308
    You are of course right a typo on my part thats what happens when you have shovels for hands.Should read action 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

............. hope I don't regret it ..............
    I doubt it. They do look good.

My only reason for asking is if someone went for a Boyd's stock the reason is obvious. Decent quality at a good price, but when you are looking at GRS, and the price of them you have a hell of alot of options open to you. So it was purely curiosity.

Either way best of luck with it, and throw up a few pictures when you get sorted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    I doubt it. They do look good.

My only reason for asking is if someone went for a Boyd's stock the reason is obvious. Decent quality at a good price, but when you are looking at GRS, and the price of them you have a hell of alot of options open to you. So it was purely curiosity.

Either way best of luck with it, and throw up a few pictures when you get sorted.

Not a bother,will put it up as soon as she is dressed up thanks for the info.

This stock is now going on a Remmie 308 as Sako is gone got myself a custom 204 & all I can say is WOW,

Stock arrived here she is

IMG_01391.jpg

IMG_01381.jpg

IMG_01371.jpg

IMG_01361.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

This stock is now going on a Remmie 308 as Sako is gone got myself a custom 204 & all I can say is WOW,

Im telling ya there is a want in ya:D:rolleyes: best of luck with it, it looks good

Im telling ya there is a want in ya:D:rolleyes: best of luck with it, it looks good

Nearly as bad as you now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Looks really good, I like that a lot.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Looks really good, I like that a lot.

It is a really nice feel to it & a lot lighter than the AIC Stock very impressive weight & fit.Same price bracket slightly cheaper.

Advertisement