Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering a ZZR 1400, thoughts?

• 03-06-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Ladies and Gents,

My current steed is a GSX-R 600 K1 .... which I love, but I'm thinking of moving out of the pure sportsbike arena and into more of a sports tourer ... while taking a sizeable step up the ladder. I've been riding 600s now for 9 years so I'm ready for an upgrade. :)

I've sat on a ZZR 1400 already and find it very comfortable. But are there any reasons why I wouldn't get one?

I've thought about a 'busa as well and possiby a Blackbird. All the same class of bike.

Thoughts?

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

heavy!

my pick of the hypersports though, love em :) only speaking from an aesthetics point of view though, never riden one.. theres a couple of very handy bikes in the ~1000 range that might be worth a look too? vfr800 or triumph sprint for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

No reason at all..Beautiful bike,ideal for touring.Life's too short to be just thinking about it..Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

had one last year loved it but was a bit too fast for most roads in this country, easy to arrive on to motorways at 130mph in third or fourth, which is licence losing territory. handled like a zx9r but with a turbo fitted!....08 on models have a bit more bottom end power but the 12 model has traction control which is a good insurance policy on this kind of bike. its definitely the pick of the class. you'll need to get a double bubble screen and for the new model new exhausts, as the standard ones are like gas cylinders! i replaced this bike with two bikes : a fzs1000 fazer and a ktm 990sm......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

alanmc wrote: »
    Ladies and Gents,

My current steed is a GSX-R 600 K1 .... which I love, but I'm thinking of moving out of the pure sportsbike arena and into more of a sports tourer ... while taking a sizeable step up the ladder. I've been riding 600s now for 9 years so I'm ready for an upgrade. :)

I've sat on a ZZR 1400 already and find it very comfortable. But are there any reasons why I wouldn't get one?

I've thought about a 'busa as well and possiby a Blackbird. All the same class of bike.

Thoughts?

Al.

well zzr1400 is way pure muscle. if you feel so its a good bike, fast, but way different the GSX-R.

check out some twins - like SV1000s or Aprilia's 1000..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I had a Blackbird and a Busa and I feel like the Busa was a better all rounder than the BB but it's apples and oranges. These are all great bikes that do everything well. I've never had a ZZR but I regretted not getting a 1200 in NZ after I went for an XJR12. I do love the styling of the 14.

Fun times for you :) Post pics when you get yourself sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

cantdecide wrote: »
    I had a Blackbird and a Busa and I feel like the Busa was a better all rounder than the BB but it's apples and oranges. These are all great bikes that do everything well. I've never had a ZZR but I regretted not getting a 1200 in NZ after I went for an XJR12. I do love the styling of the 14.

Fun times for you :) Post pics when you get yourself sorted.

yup pics +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I had a ZZR14 for 2 years and loved it. I was living in Germany, brought it home and found I couldn't get a decent blast on it.

They're not happy toddling around at 120 on the motorway. Comfortable cruising speed is 180-190. They are like a greyhound, always wanting to take off.

Saying that it was the most well build, engineered and precise bike I have every ridden.

Advertisement