Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain Vs China

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Richard Dunne will need to repeat his Moscow heroics against the Spanish!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

monkey9 wrote: »
    Richard Dunne will need to repeat his Moscow heroics against the Spanish!!

Even a repeat performance of that won't be enough. I don't know whether it was that pitch in Moscow but Ireland were just woeful that day. It was a miracle we got of there with 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Even a repeat performance of that won't be enough. I don't know whether it was that pitch in Moscow but Ireland were just woeful that day. It was a miracle we got of there with 0-0.

Nah, just pretending to be poor so we could see the faces of our opposition when we out tiki-taka the Spanish at their own game, beat the Germans on penalties and win with a dubious goal against the French

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kitakyushu wrote: »

Oh we were a disgrace that day, no doubt! We drew that match the way Lichtenstein drew nil all with us in the mid 90's!! That was our level. But Dunne will need to repeat that performance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Nah, just pretending to be poor so we could see the faces of our opposition when we out tiki-taka the Spanish at their own game, beat the Germans on penalties and win with a dubious goal against the French

It'll be tika-taka against bacon & cabbage ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Jesus, it's scary how much of an influence Iniesta has on a game... :eek:

Iniesta is not heralded enough for me, even if he got his own pageant down the Thames. Magical player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

dfx- wrote: »
    Iniesta is not heralded enough for me, even if he got his own pageant down the Thames. Magical player.

But we have Paul Green, so it's a bit of a moot point.

tolosenc wrote: »
    But we have Paul Green, so it's a bit of a moot point.

I hear Trap is holding McShane back til the semi-final and Green for the final itself. Secret weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

del Bosque shouldn't bother playing Alonso against us. Barça trio in midfield, two natural wide men and whoever they want as striker. You can imagine what kind of game it's going to be, so they should be looking to draw and stretch from the start. Alonso will play beside Busquets for the sake of a consistent eleven, though, even if he won't offer a lot. Meh.

I agree with CongoPowers, Spain should be looking for the draw because the best they can hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Pretty much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The lad wouldn't finish his dinner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Incredible, the balance required to pull off any kind of decent effort after that flick is very very impressive

but can he do it on a cold Thursday night in Gdansk vs McShane?

(they ya go, I've done it, even if it was a variation, I'm going to hell :( )

Advertisement