Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some from Brazil (C&C)

• 03-06-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

I've not shared any pics in a while (apart from the camera phone thread) so here's a few from last summer in Brazil.

0237_salvador-de-bahia-colours.jpg

0251_flamingo.jpg

0250_iguazu-falls.jpg

0247_rio-christ-redeemer.jpg

0243_parque-garota-de-ipanema.jpg

0248_sugarloaf.jpg

0234_toucan.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

very nice! whereabouts was the first photo taken, it doesn't look like Brazil at all from my stereotyped imagination?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

shamtastic wrote: »
    very nice! whereabouts was the first photo taken, it doesn't look like Brazil at all from my stereotyped imagination?!

thanks, the first was taken in Salvador de Bahia, former capital of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

1) Composition isn't great. Too much going on, but without anything in particular to look at.

2) Could be nice, but a little dark I think. Light fall off on the right is really putting me off.

3) Fantastic scene, nicely composed. THink it needs to be rotated counter clockwise a little though.

4) Really love this shot. I'd crop it a few pixels on the right where something is starting to come into the frame at the horizon (another mountain or pylon or something?). I'd also like to see what it would look like slightly saturated in the oranges, with maybe a little more contrast.

5) Nothing grabbing my attention as interesting in this one.

6) Same again, just seems to be taken from a bad spot with most of the city blocked.

7) Pretty nice. Nothing strikes me as needing to be fixed.

Hope that was helpful (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Beautiful city/Landscape subjects which perhaps make's them appear better then what they actually are.
    They lack DR/Detail and good PP.

and the Bird shot's, Telechaks C&C was spot on the 1st one and the 2nd bird shot is decent.

:)

Thanks for the feedback Telchak.
    Telchak wrote: »
    2) Could be nice, but a little dark I think. Light fall off on the right is really putting me off.

That part was in shade originally and thus was darker, but I actually darkened it further in PP to lead the eye to the head. I understand many would do the opposite.
    3) Fantastic scene, nicely composed. THink it needs to be rotated counter clockwise a little though.

I think I agree. Now that I think about it more it's probably because it looks like the horizon is creeping into only the upper right corner. I could probably crop the top down as an alternative approach.
    4) Really love this shot. I'd crop it a few pixels on the right where something is starting to come into the frame at the horizon (another mountain or pylon or something?). I'd also like to see what it would look like slightly saturated in the oranges, with maybe a little more contrast.

Well spotted with the issue on the right, it was actually a telecomms mast, I obviously didn't crop quite tight enough. The contrast/colour/sauration in this one was a rescue operation from the beginning, maybe someone more skilled than me couldget a better outcome but I did what I could.

• Advertisement

Beautiful city/Landscape subjects which perhaps make's them appear better then what they actually are.
    They lack DR/Detail and good PP.

and the Bird shot's, Telechaks C&C was spot on the 1st one and the 2nd bird shot is decent.

:)

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe the DR could be better in some, particularly the ones where I had hazy conidtions, but i did what I could in PP already. As for detail, keep in mind these are fairly low quality web versions, the originals of all have good detail I think, except for the waterfall one which could be sharper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

#4 is the best shot IMO. Might work well in mono.

Advertisement