Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saagar Restaurant...experience?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Anyone has any recent experience of this restaurant? They have what looks like a good deal on Living Social and my friend called to enquire whether it is valid for take away also and the guy who answered was way rude and said something like 'can't you see its written on the deal', when there is no such info mentioned. Seen on the thread the service has not been the best before, and wondering if it's worth a trip down or maybe just cancel the voucher altogether and spare a bleak experience??? :confused:

This is what's on living social:

''If variety is the spice of life, then break out of your normal routine and add a bit of zing to your mealtimes with today's fiery deal. Saagar Indian Restaurants on Harcourt Street is offering a red-hot €60 voucher to spend on food and drink for a cool €19. We're sure you will find something to ignite the excitement in your tastebuds on the extensive menu: warm up with starters such as chicken pakora, prawn puri, and onion bhajee, before turning up the heat with mains such as chicken tikka garam masala, tandoori king prawn makhani, and lamb rogan josh. When you add the side dishes and wine list to the mix, we think this is the hottest ticket in town so click 'Buy Now' to grab it before it goes cold.''

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I've only had positive experiences there. They have a fantastic lunch deal and I've always found the quality and value great. Staff courteous too and service prompt any time I've been in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've been a number of times to their Mullingar branch and always enjoyed it (kinda hoping the voucher will be valid for there too).
    It's not the best Indian restaurant of all time but the food's tasty and the prices are reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gr8Girl

ixoy wrote: »
    I've been a number of times to their Mullingar branch and always enjoyed it (kinda hoping the voucher will be valid for there too).
    It's not the best Indian restaurant of all time but the food's tasty and the prices are reasonable.

Ok thanks! I think they said you can use it there too... Well the deal is good so hopefully all will be well. However, it was not at all positive to speak like this to a potential customer! If there was no deal, going there would be a definitive no-no. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gr8Girl

I've only had positive experiences there. They have a fantastic lunch deal and I've always found the quality and value great. Staff courteous too and service prompt any time I've been in.

Is that the one on Harcourt St or Mullingar? Well hopefully whoever was answering the phone was just having a bad day.. still no way to speak to potential customers. Anyways will update after the 'experience'! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

They were closed down by the Food Safety Authority in 2010 (http://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_release/09082010.html). They were on boards saying it was nothing to worry about - they were just missing some paperwork or something, but I find that hard to believe. Restaurants don't simply get closed down for no good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Gr8Girl wrote: »
    Is that the one on Harcourt St or Mullingar? Well hopefully whoever was answering the phone was just having a bad day.. still no way to speak to potential customers. Anyways will update after the 'experience'! :cool:

I've been to the one on Harcourt street a good few times, the food was always amazing and the staff where lovely, I would definitely recommend it.

Advertisement