Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2 - Paper?

• 03-06-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there.

Just a quick question, are we allowed to get extra paper for maths paper two and just answer all the questions on said paper?

I hate the boxes with a *passion* and always end up leaving very messy work. Don't want to get in a fluster because of stupid boxes!

Just thought I'd ask so I know in advance, thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

I want to be able to show my work neatly, something I find difficult to do in such a small space. But thanks for your lovely reply. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Not 100% sure but I think I remember a thread before where someone said you can't do this, that you must answer on the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Dont mind him, he seems to be man-perioding all over the forum :rolleyes:

I hate it too - you make one mistake and you cant redo it. Theres no way to write neatly aside from one square per letter which looks awful, and if you use black pen it mixes in with the boxes. My writing ends up diagonal -_-

My teacher said we can ask for paper but I seem to remember someone on here saying they could refuse to correct our exams over it or something :confused: Regardless, I think I'll get an answer book straight away and use it if I feel like it, project maths can piss off - such an awful idea those squares. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

Actually no wait, I have completely changed my mind and will now refuse to sit maths paper 2 until the boxes are removed, this injustice will not stop here unless brave men and women like us ask make a stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Dont mind him, he seems to be man-perioding all over the forum :rolleyes:

I hate it too - you make one mistake and you cant redo it. Theres no way to write neatly aside from one square per letter which looks awful, and if you use black pen it mixes in with the boxes. My writing ends up diagonal -_-

My teacher said we can ask for paper but I seem to remember someone on here saying they could refuse to correct our exams over it or something :confused: Regardless, I think I'll get an answer book straight away and use it if I feel like it, project maths can piss off - such an awful idea those squares. :mad:

I thought you could write on normal paper? I'm not going to risk it! I need to get my maths paper marked! =P

I agree, and Patchy, I believe the technical term is Manstruating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Thanks for your reply Patchy. :)

I think I'm gonna chance it, I can more imagine an examiner refusing to correct my paper written in the boxes due to the mess it would be. :P I suppose we can double check with the supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lamie

Hey I went two a maths seminar about a month ago and the guy said to ask for more paper for question 7 & 8. He saw his students marks go up by 10-15%.
    I did notice, in my mocks, that I spent so much time flipping over pages to see the diagram/other answers.
    Basically I'm going to draw a big X right through the boxes so they're "used"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

It should really not be that awkward at this stage, you should have been using it for your tests, exam paper work and mock and be familiar with it? Start your question in the booklet and if you need more space continue it on spare paper. Remember you will not be given an exam booklet but single sheets which not only will piss your examiner off something awful but are far more awkward to work with than simply using the exam paper as it is given.

The website link provided above is a website notoriously against project maths but project maths is the reality and you need to maximise your chances of sitting a good paper and getting it marked well so you need to work with what has been provided for you.

Advertisement