Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Brian Eno Album Should I Listen To Next?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭

I already have Here Come The Warm Jets and Apollo: Atmospheres And Sountracks. I was thinking of either listening to Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy), Another Green World or Ambient 1: Music For Airports but I'm still not sure.

Anyway, which of his albums do you think I should check out next? You don't have to stick to the three that I mentioned, you can suggest any album from throughout his career.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Discreet Music or Before And After Science

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am a big Eno fan, following him for almost 20 years now, ever since I discovered him.

I'd say that you can't go wrong with any of his 70's/80's/90's records.

My two absolute favourites (and actually two of my favourite albums of all times) are
    -Nerve Net. Quite different from his previous "rock" records, this has many loops, a kind-of-world music character in it.
    -Ambient 4:On Land. Most people would suggest Discreet Music or Ambient 1:Music for airports (both superb records), I consider this to be the most complete ambient work he has given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I'd go for Music For Airports. Beautiful work.

Advertisement