Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

badmintion in clonmel area

• 03-06-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Looking to go back to playing Badminton in the clonmel area but my level of fitness is low and I haven't played the sport in a while. I've seen the Hillview website but there is very little information on it regarding badmintion. Does anyone know who i could contact or what the club is like age profile etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

I'll pm you the contact for their badminton secretary I don't know how much will be going on this time of the year. There is also Drangan or Grange two small villages in Tipp in case your near them or about 6 miles from Clonmel is Ballymacarbary in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

waseqr wrote: »
    Looking to go back to playing Badminton in the clonmel area but my level of fitness is low and I haven't played the sport in a while. I've seen the Hillview website but there is very little information on it regarding badmintion. Does anyone know who i could contact or what the club is like age profile etc.

Thanks!

There's a lot of badminton played in hillview, always has been.
    Just ring the number and the lads there will tell ya what nights are best to go down.
    Other places to play would be ballycommon, just outside nenagh or solohead, close to tipp town. There's also drangan,new inn or killenaule.
    Badminton has died in recent years unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 waseqr

Badminton has died in recent years unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

that's really odd because the clubs in Dublin are turning people away. Age profile is also pretty broad in those clubs as well from 17+
    The best thing is for me to have a look and see what I think of the clubs mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 waseqr

tipper1 wrote: »
    I'll pm you the contact for their badminton secretary I don't know how much will be going on this time of the year. There is also Drangan or Grange two small villages in Tipp in case your near them or about 6 miles from Clonmel is Ballymacarbary in Waterford.

thanks. I know its out of season. but i'm used to summer clubs etc. guess I got spoiled in Dublin.
    I'll try the last one you mentioned. The others seem to be a good bit away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Torres84

Looking for people to play Div 1/2 badminton next season in Hillview, Clonmel (Sept 2016) - hoping to do a bit of training before then!

If you fancy joining or fancy making a comeback like me - let me know. Reply to thread or PM me for more details.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Please read the charter. No zombie threads.

/closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement