Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get away with only doing two texts for my comparative?

• 03-06-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm doing Casablanca, The Great Gatsby and A Doll's House. I was out for a long time and never really did A Doll's House, never wrote a single essay for it, but I know the other two very well and they mesh perfectly together.

Can I get away with just doing those two? In the past it always seems to give you that option, but who knows, nothing is fixed...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Apparently it's not really recommended even when it says "at least two." If you have any questions on A Doll's House PM me, I'm doing it as my single text so might be able to help out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I'm doing exactly those too! Woooo *high five*

Yes, you can do two comparative texts. But do make sure you go into more detail and comparisons between them because you're only covering two.

As an option, you can read the Doll's House again, it's very short and can be read in just over an hour I reckon. And when it's fresh in your head again you can try a comparative question on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Namaste2u

@leaveiton, thanks for the advice, and I appreciate the offer, but with Hamlet and poetry (not to mention pages of Geography essay) I just don't myself having the time :/

@subz3r0, Oh I'll go into plenty of detail all right, with those two texts my essays are typically around 4-5 pages written I think (I type), and I still manage to pull off decent grades. I think a Doll's House would just wreck the structure of my essay, I don't see how I could go into enough detail with anything. And that's even if I read it, which I wouldn't be able to (such a slow reader, damn my eyes to hell :/)

So if I am 'allowed' to do only two, that's just what I'll have to do.

Advertisement