Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband option

• 03-06-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

So I'm after moving home from college to south east Limerick where instead of UPC broadband we have 3 ''broadband'' obviously there's quiet a difference in speed so am beginning to look at our options.

We currently spend about €40-€45 a month on eircom landline (my father has free line rental) and €20 a month on 3 broadband, so ideally any new package would increase our internet speed but not necessarily cost a lot more.

We can get eircom broadband and the regular broadband and home phone package seems ok at €45 a month, however peak time phone calls arn't included so would probably bring our bill to over €70 a month.

I was wondering will this package be cheaper when taking my father's free line rental into account? Or is there any other braodband packages that would be cheaper? (I don't believe we can get UPC, Vodafone etc. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Normally if you can get eircom then you can get Vodafone as they just resell eircoms product. Eircom would be your best option if you get free rental. I was on eircom ngb up to 24mb with off peak calls, that package is €55 at the moment. Taking 8mb instead od 24mb is €45 Think anytime calls would cost €5-€10 extra.
    Free line rental should give a discount on that price but they might say there's already discounted stuff as its a bundle. But it's not much more than you're paying at the moment so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

jarvis wrote: »
    Normally if you can get eircom then you can get Vodafone as they just resell eircoms product. Eircom would be your best option if you get free rental. I was on eircom ngb up to 24mb with off peak calls, that package is €55 at the moment. Taking 8mb instead od 24mb is €45 Think anytime calls would cost €5-€10 extra.
    Free line rental should give a discount on that price but they might say there's already discounted stuff as its a bundle. But it's not much more than you're paying at the moment so.....

Thanks for the reply! :) It's not much more no, but will probably work out dearer anyway so trying to convince everyone it's worth it to dump 3 is my next problem! :p

Advertisement