Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round Bales - how do you do yours?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I drink coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

cow man wrote: »
    what is wrong when the baler leaves a line of light grass each side of where the baler passes It properly seems obvious that the rows are made to wide but I am told the conditioner is set to the smallest setting, Sorry for changing the thread!

You need to pick the grass in the same direction that it is mowed in. Do that and it will pick clean. Go the opposite direction to the mower and you wont clean the ground properly

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

Muckit wrote: »
    An ordinary disc mower followed by a rake seems to be a good system.

Anyone with their own single rotor rake? Are they a good job? See some of them with single axle and others on a bogey, they probably follow the ground better?

Would a lely lotus 300 offer more options for a farmers machine? ie ted and row?
    Have a lely. tis great for tedding but not much use for rowing. it was embarrassing to expect the contractor to pull in to a 10 ac field with a fusion after it so we bought a 2nd hand single rotor 12ft kuhn rake last year and its a god send, now decent 24ft swarths for him. better bales too. still use the lely to ted tho..
    Day 1 mow, kuhn 7'6" disc
    Day 2 ted, lely gemini
    Day3 rake, kuhn 12' rake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Cut 6 acres today for wraps. Should have been cut 7 days ago but for the weather. Pretty heavy expecting 70+ bales. Will ted in the morn and might wrap tomorrow eve or on monday depending on the weather.

Might cut some more tomorrow or on Mon. Another 15 acres well fit 2 cut, but don't want 2 bite off more than I can chew esp with weather a bit chancy.

Rain on Tues, but generally ok til Thurs I believe. Anyone else cutting?

Wrapped this up today circa 2pm. Rain came at 4.:D. 88 bales. Happy out. Shook it out on Sun. Rowed up this morn. Shud be good stuff.
    Took some pic's - now have to figure out how to get them off my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

49 bales off 4acres @€;11 a pop, mowed and plastic included.

Does anyone know the weight of a chopped fusion bale?

• Advertisement
Advertisement