Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only God can judge me......

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

You have all seen this tattoo.

I have never seen this tattoo.

When did everyone go around looking at this tattoo?

Why wasn't I invited ? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Is is my business when these little runts rock up to interviews with full sleeves on view and react shocked when you tell them they don't have the job. It is absolutely my business and the business of the vast amount of employers out there.

There is a whole generation of young people out there in this current climate who I guess feel that it dosnt matter either way cause we are all ****ed and "I might as well look the like the coolest cat in town".

Fashion statements change and a tattoo of a swallow on your neck is there for life and so are the zero chances of that person ever getting taken seriously in the real world.

I don't have a grudge its just social commentary.

I didn't think it at the start, it seemed like a decent enough post, but now I'm starting to think you have a grudge. Your argument has gone from 'I'm all for tattoos and everything but this is a stupid message' to 'I'm an employer and I would never employ somebody with a sleeve'.

Something's up.

So, OP, what's the grudge?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Getting a Chinese writing tattoo is hilarious.
    Unless you either are Chinese or at least speak Chinese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

A tattoo that states 'Only God can Judge me' is no better or worse than any other trite phrase, or any particular pictorial depiction, that other people choose to have inked on their skin.

If it means so much to that person that they just must make it an 'indelible' part of their physical make-up then good luck to them.

As a concept, i don't think that the whole area of tattoos, given that they're mostly an unnecessary by-product of vanity, is fertile ground for judgment.

Whether it be by God or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Pretty stupid to get a taboo that's about something that doesn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Pedant wrote: »
    Pretty stupid to get a taboo that's about something that doesn't exist.

Sorry to be a pedant,but :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

We wouldn't even have this thread if it wasn't for the great man himself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

OP needs to chill out. You could nearly agree with someone who's completely against tattoos, but you come across as a complete hypocrite going on that you have 4 tattoos, but oh, they're concealed, aren't you great. Then calling people with sleeves names?

Well let's see, a spot of role play - i'm also an employer and if i know that anyone walking through the door for the job interview has ink of any kind, regardless of their CV, i automatically disregard them. OP, thank you for your time, but since you have ink you're not getting that promotion. See what i did there?

Tattooing is becoming more prevalent in society as we're not as culturally oppressed as we once were, so the OP should just evolve or die, lest one of these 'little runts' over take him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Tattoos can make an interesting person more interesting, but usually they don't look great at all. Most of them are completely out of context with the shape of the body and look like they were picked out of a catalogue, which they were.

Different tats send different messages of course, a guy with crude prison tats is clearly recognisable, in the far east you'd know a yakuza (yes they exist outside movies) by their markings.

These look good, but you can clearly see how much time and effort went into laying them out and planning in advance, serious works of art that cost a pile of foldin' money. Mostly tats look like some sort of skin disease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Ok ok in this cold harsh sober light of day I guess I could just end this by clarifying a point.

In an ideal world people should not judge others on their appearance but everyone does, its what people do. I feel sorry for young people (I'm only 31 btw) who get very visible tattoos in very prominent places. Sure everyone thinks its super cool now but in 10 years time when looking cool is no longer a priority having "Only God can judge me" or similar type tripe tattooed down their forearm is going to be a constant reminder of the folly of their youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Have any other boardies here seen some profound statements on someone skin that made them barf??

Do tell...

All tattoos make me barf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Hello pot, I'm Mr Kettle. You, my friend, are black"
    What exactly are you rabbiting on about??

That is my whole point.... People say you should not judge others etc.... and nobody does in polite company..... but when the day is over and the curtain is called and we sit back and think to ourselves about how we feel about others after what we have seen....... so so so many of us.. you include.. will say to our selves..... Look at that cunt.... What a wanker....

Its the truth dude, don't fight it....

Hey - don't judge me... :(

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

getting a tattoo of my fathers and mothers name in feanorian (LOTR elvish script) on my arm, surely this doesnt come under hipster tattoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

astonaidan wrote: »
    getting a tattoo of my fathers and mothers name in feanorian (LOTR elvish script) on my arm, surely this doesnt come under hipster tattoo

No because that will never become cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

I know a guy who has THUG LIFE tattoed on his feet,its done pretty well and the fact its hidden makes it a funny one to show people,Ive seen a junkie with THUG LIFE tattooed on his stomach like tupac,that however just looked retarded.Der is one of the gangsters from limerick with 2 magnum revolvers and thug life tatooed on his stomach,again duckin diriculus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mightymouse vs Dangermouse

Oh Guys, this may have been mentioned, but if not il set the record straight! We are god, not some beardy hippy guy in the sky!
    You, me and all the other people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No matter what Tattoo somebody has you're always going to find one shíthead who's gonna hate it or find it stupid etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No, just a bit low rent IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Word of advice......... don't put your mothers name on your **** arm......
    or your fathers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    These look good, but you can clearly see how much time and effort went into laying them out and planning in advance, serious works of art that cost a pile of foldin' money. Mostly tats look like some sort of skin disease.

I reckon that two of them are shopped, pixels etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

God doesn't judge anyone. They should be getting "only St Peter can judge me" tattoo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I know a guy with "You've read the book now watch the film" tattooed on his chest. I think he thought people would want to talk to him because of it. But a tattooed bare chested guy with double d man boobs and a beer belly you could rest a pizza on remains pretty unapproachable in my book.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Advertisement