Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good club for an eighteenth?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Planning on going out in town for my eighteenth, but I'm not sure which clubs have like a 19+ etc. door policy?
    Any ones that accept all people over the age?
    Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

As far as I know, most will let you in as long as you're over 18.
    Copper's is over-21 I think, but it's no loss.

I went to 21s on d'olier street on my 18th and got in no bother (it helped that it was the bouncer's birthday too!). That was 3 years ago, so I don't know if they've changed their policies since.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Different days have different age policies so it would help if you say which day you plan on going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Coppers is 19+ on most nights, some of them are 21+. Source: roommate who works there as a barman.
    Afaik Diceys is always 21+, but I've seen loads 18-20 year olds in there. Got a few friends who are only 19 and they got in with saying "dont have an ID with me, but here's my CC." and they were allowed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I had my 18th in 21's and at Barcode in Clontarf....ah the memories!

Rhand wrote: »
    Coppers is 19+ on most nights, some of them are 21+. Source: roommate who works there as a barman.
    Afaik Diceys is always 21+, but I've seen loads 18-20 year olds in there. Got a few friends who are only 19 and they got in with saying "dont have an ID with me, but here's my CC." and they were allowed in.

Diceys is generally 21s on the weekend but 18s/19s during the week for "students".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Go to the Palace

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Go to the Palace

19s on a Thursday, 21s on a Friday and 20s on a Saturday. Hardly ideal for an 18th! :confused:

Diceys is generally 21s on the weekend but 18s/19s during the week for "students".

You gotta be 21 on both tuesdays and thursdays though.

You gotta be 21 on both tuesdays and thursdays though.

Not downstairs.

Not downstairs.

That's strange, because there's nobody stopping you from going up once you're downstairs.

• Advertisement

That's strange, because there's nobody stopping you from going up once you're downstairs.

There is now, used to be all open but they've split it up into two parts, was only there last Tuesday.

There is now, used to be all open but they've split it up into two parts, was only there last Tuesday.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, we're talking about going from the club downstairs to the beergarden where you can get those hamburgers, right?

I gotta say, I've been visiting Diceys every tuesday for the last 2 months and not once have I ever seen the guard on top of the stairs asking for any legitimation. It would be quite impossible too btw, so many people using that staircase the whole time.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, we're talking about going from the club downstairs to the beergarden where you can get those hamburgers, right?

Yup, had it closed off with curtains with a bouncer at it.

Yup, had it closed off with curtains with a bouncer at it.

Alright, I'm convinced ;)

Was in the penthouse last week, hence I didn't see it.

Advertisement