Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog next door jumping in to fence

• 03-06-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, not sure if this is the correct forum, mods if it's not then please move the post.

The neighbours next door have got a collie a few months back but in the past month or so it's taken to jumping full force into our fence, it's trying to get over.

I knocked in to the neighbours a couple of weeks ago and asked them to keep an eye on the dog and to stop it jumping in to the fence, which they said they would.

It's still doing the same thing, I was out working in the back garden this weekend getting roots up, the dog still jumping into the fence, I stood up and could clearly see the owners standing in the back door looking at the dog doing this.

I'm not sure what the next step is, although something worth noting is that I've never seen the owners bring this dog on a walk, not sure if that is relevant though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Is there some specific reason why you don't want the dog jumping at the fence? :confused:

If it succeeds on getting over the fence then you can do something about it, if it breaks the fence, then the neighbours pay for the damage. I'm not aware of any laws that specify that dogs aren't allowed to jump at fences though.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

id be more worried about the dog, tbf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

<MOD SNIP See PM>

If the dog is jumping at the fence just for the sake of it them the OP is right to be worried about the dog.
    If it breaks the fence how do you make the neighbors pay for it.?
    If you have not been introduced to the dog how do you know it will not bit you once in your garden.?
    You make it seem like the OP is the problem.

Advertisement