Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to buy ipad and iphone, no upgrade?

• 04-06-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,

i want to but an ipad, and am thinking of the 32GB with wifi and cellular. but might not use the cellular, just want to have the option in case, or is this overkill?
    also, want to upgrade my phone to an iphone 4s, and have no upgrade as i foolishly used it to get a nokia for the sat nav apps, which are great, but i miss my apps etc. so where would be the best to buy them, at the best price, or should i just go to apple for them??#

thanks
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The Ipad you can get at any shop at this stage or just buy online with a few days for delivery, though i wouldn't bother with the cellular , if i want to go online while away i turn on my wireless hotspot on my phone.

You can get the iPhone 4S in any mobile shop but chances are it'll be locked to that network. Pay a little extra (10/20 not really sure) and buy the phone at apple.ie . That way it will be sim free, so you can use it on any network

(TL : DR) If you are not in a rush, buy them both from the apple website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Do they have to be new?
    If not, why not try boards own www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

thanks Kenno, (TL;DR)?????

Robbie, is it safe buying second hand or even new from the likes of these ad's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

TL;DR = Too Long; Didn't Read (Means a summery basically)

Safe, depends really, I personally would avoid operator locked iphones, especially those from 3 mobile as there is a risk of the phone being blacklisted should a contract go unpaid, also theres the risk of picking up a phone that's been declared 'lost' by the owner and as such belongs to an insurance company.

Probably best to buy from apple tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Apple Refurb; they're practically brand new and you have your full warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

DriversEd wrote: »
    thanks Kenno, (TL;DR)?????

Robbie, is it safe buying second hand or even new from the likes of these ad's?

A little bit of cavaet emptor should always be applied when buying anything.

I have bought iphones from adverts and had no problems. If your buying just a wifi version then there is less that can go wrong as it cant be blocked from phone networks which is the big worry with phones.

Another option for cheap is refurbed from apple
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Advertisement