Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whaat was your favourite goal celebration

• 04-06-2012 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭

We're all aware of Tardelli, Fowler and Moellers' celebrations but While reading through the favourite tournament thread, I recalled, firstly the superb goal and then the celebration afterwards of Jossimar when he belted one in against Norn Iron in the 86 wc. The celebration, I suppose is nothing special by today's standards but I always remember the sheer joy on his face. He was like a young fella who'd just nailed Amanda Heard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Iniesta's dedication to Dani Jarque. Selfless act after scoring the most important goal in the history of Spanish football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

damien duff in the '02 world cup. any excuse to post this vid really, its 2 mins in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Easy. For me, there is only one, has to be. The classic.

One hand up, almost apologetic.

AlanShearer33.jpg

And another...
    2012_1_17_15_17.jpg

Striker!!!!
    Shearer.jpg

Twat!!
    AI_ShearerCelebration.jpg

Going a bit nuts here, two arms.
    shearer_getty449.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

goal is as good as the celebration
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLNZ7ToAnJo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

All one yard tap ins from an offside position.

Filippo-Inzaghi-celebrate-006.jpg

Filippo-Inzaghi-006.jpg

article-1090030-029F75F1000005DC-37_468x319.jpg

filippo-inzaghi.jpg

SS19-24-last-word.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Always liked Ronaldo's celebrations.

_41818598_bra4.jpg

350x.jpg

What a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

For sheer dignity and class damien duff hands down.

For originality this bloke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Tardelli '82 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't mess with Ruud :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

One of the best and the worst celebrations all in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

cambo2008 wrote: »
    In the same vein, this was brilliant:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cantona vs Sunderland in 1996, just class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

cambo2008 wrote: »
    In the same vein, this was brilliant:
    Veey surprised diouf didn't spit on him there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Totti always gets creative, especially when scoring against Lazio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

surprised the Jamie Bullard celebration for Hull hasnt been mentioned much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Klinsmann, obviously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Always was a fan of Henry's celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Robbie Keane *pew* *pew*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has to be this mad man
    http://youtu.be/JlqCCDh9XT0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tardelli, for me. Without question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

beckford595.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

For me it'd have to be the time Nani killed that Stormtrooper after scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Andy Carroll's aeroplane, it's not over used.

AndyCarroll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The celebration was good, and everyone supported the Italians because of this.

In the semi-final game between France and West Germany, the Germans opened the scoring through a Pierre Littbarski strike in the 17th minute, and the French equalised nine minutes later with a Michel Platini penalty. In the second half a long through ball sent French defender Patrick Battiston racing clear towards the German goal. With both Battiston and the lone German defender trying to be the first to reach the ball, Battiston flicked it past German keeper Harald Schumacher from the edge of the German penalty area and Schumacher reacted by jumping up to block. Schumacher completely missed the ball, however, and clattered straight into the oncoming Battiston – which left the French player unconscious and knocked two of his teeth out. Schumacher's action has been described as "one of history's most shocking fouls". The ball went just wide of the post and Dutch referee Charles Corver deemed Schumacher's tackle on Battiston not to be a foul and awarded a goal kick. Play was interrupted for several minutes while Battiston, still unconscious and with a broken jaw, was carried off the field on a stretcher.
    After French defender Manuel Amoros had sent a 25-metre drive crashing onto the West German crossbar in the final minute, the match went into extra time. On 92 minutes, France's sweeper Marius Trésor fired a swerving volley under Schumacher's crossbar from ten metres out to make it 2–1. Six minutes later, an unmarked Alain Giresse drove in a 18-metre shot off the inside of the right post to finish off a counter-attack and put France up 3–1. But West Germany would not give up. In the 102nd minute a counter-attack culminated in a cross that recent substitute Karl-Heinz Rummenigge turned in at the near post from a difficult angle with the outside of his foot, reducing France's lead to 3–2. Then in the 108th minute Germany took a short corner and after France failed to clear, the ball was played by Germany to Littbarski whose cross to Horst Hrubesch was headed back to the centre towards Klaus Fischer, who was unmarked but with his back to goal. Fischer in turn volleyed the ball past French keeper Jean-Luc Ettori with a bicycle kick, levelling the scores at 3–3 and sending the match to penalties. This goal was voted the greatest goal in the history of German football by German supporters. Because the scores were level after extra time, France and West Germany participated in the first ever penalty shootout at a World Cup finals. Giresse, Manfred Kaltz, Manuel Amoros, Paul Breitner and Dominique Rocheteau all converted penalties until Uli Stielike was stopped by Ettori, giving France the advantage. But then Schumacher stepped forward, lifted the tearful Stielike from the ground, and saved Didier Six's shot. With Germany handed the lifeline they needed Littbarski converted his penalty, followed by Platini for France, and then Rummenigge for Germany as the tension mounted. France defender Maxime Bossis then had his kick parried by Schumacher who anticipated it, and Hrubesch stepped up to score and send Germany to the World Cup final yet again with a victory on penalties, 4–5.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Sunderland's Grant Leadbitter's goal against arsenal and his celebration when he ran over to where his fathers ashes were buried in The stadium of light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Someone just beat me to it but yeah jurgen klinsmann was my fav when growing up, I even had germanys world cup 94 jersey with his name on the back and when back in the day I was a great striker I was like an eejit re-inacting the celebration with many a goal scored on the local field ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Always loved Pires giving the aul finger wag after scoring some ridiculously brilliant goal, coolness personified :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Actually forgot about this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Looked like a dog awoken by it's own fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

My personal favourite...

Seeing the pure jubilation from Henry's face and all those french flags flying brings back good memories.

My personal favourite...

Seeing the pure jubilation from Henry's face and all those french flags flying brings back good memories.

The French crowd were rubbish that night.

My personal favourite...

Two handballs AND Offside. Well done Henry and well done FIFA. Football (and possibly basketball) was the winner that night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=ie&tab=wi&q=davor%20suker%20celebration&sa=N&biw=320&bih=533#i=1

Davor Sukers. Used to celebrate like this in schoolboy league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

kitakyushu wrote: »
    For me it'd have to be the time Nani killed that Stormtrooper after scoring.

I love the brick/dead one that Wright(?) does in that video. Always do it in FIFA.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Drogba and Malouda set up a band together:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Maradonna's crazy eyes in usa 94 was good aawel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Ketsbaia repeatedly kicking the hoardings behind the goal. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Le Tissiers celebration on the first goal here. Fastest I've ever seen him run :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Ai Se Eu Te Pego celebration is used by everyone and their granny now, but it was funny seeing the whole Panathinaikos team do it.

The emotion in Tony Stenson's face after his goal in the 83 cup final is brilliant.

This one isn't soccer but it's funny, the music is perfect.

Milla and Tardelli have been mentioned. I like both of them too.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

The emotion in Tony Stenson's face after his goal in the 83 cup final is brilliant.

Damn, I know domestic crowds have never been the best but that's some poor showing for a cup fina! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Damn, I know domestic crowds have never been the best but that's some poor showing for a cup fina! :eek:

You don't even see the main stand in that video, just the terrace. Looks a decent crowd in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmGnFawVtfE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

robbie-fowler_1112040c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Best. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ron Vlaar (and players like him who are actually pleased when they score)

Always genuinely happy when he scores.
    Much prefer that over all those stupid little rehearsed dances and such.

Advertisement