Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midleton/yellow spot/ powers john lane release

Options
  • 04-06-2012 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

I picked up a few bottles this weekend
    Midleton 2012
    Yellow spot
    And Powers john lane release 12yrs

I've only tasted the powers so far, and by gum... It's tasty
    (might need a second bottle)

Can anyone tell me if this powers is a limited release or will it be a regular on our shelves.. Either way it's something I'll have to get a second bottle of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

The Powers will be a regular release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is the Yellow Spot very limited?

I was going to buy a bottle for a birthday in September but I might pick one up soon if they are really limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Morf wrote: »

I was going to buy a bottle for a birthday in September but I might pick one up soon if they are really limited.

I'd pick it up now if I were you - just to be on the safe side.

Morf wrote: »

Each batch is limited. I think to 6,000 bottles? They will have a new batch each year, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Brockagh wrote: »
    Each batch is limited. I think to 6,000 bottles? They will have a new batch each year, though.

Have you tried it? If so, how does it compare to the John's Lane?

• Advertisement

I have tried it, but I've had a cold now for about three weeks and am not sure how that affects it. It's very nice, but I might have been expecting too much. It's a recreation of an old whiskey and they suggest you also try it with ice. It's very nice, but, in my opinion, not as good as the Powers John's Lane. Maybe I'll change my mind when my cold clears up.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Have you tried it? If so, how does it compare to the John's Lane?

They are quite different and I think it would be unfair to compare them.

Where John's Lane is a more robust whiskey the Yellow Spot is quite fruity and sweet. The sherry influence is quite apparent in this and give a good full flavouring to the whiskey. Would be great as an after dinner whiskey.

I really like the John's Lane and think it is one of the best Irish Whiskey's that has come out in a long time but I really like the Yellow Spot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Agree with the Powers Johns Lane,bloody nice whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Rangi wrote: »
    Agree with the Powers Johns Lane,bloody nice whiskey.

+1

Johns lane is cracking value for money

i've yet to open the yellowspot.

Advertisement