Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What people will laugh at in 10-15 years time?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

People will be laughing at the fact tht our smart phones only last a day on a full charge. Roll on the day when our phones will last a couple weeks/months on a single charge.

I think people will be laughing at the costs of running a house now, seeing as the 'Passive House' will become the standard, with Solar Panels and domestic wind turbines being as common as a satalite dish at present.

I think the phrase "haha, they used to use their hands"will be at the butt of many jokes with regards technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Because it'll be so warm?
    I was thinking more in terms of programmable skin pigmentation and internal heat-regulating nanites, but that too maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Thin people, because being fat will the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

teednab-el wrote: »
    Some that come to mind.

PCs
    Original iPods
    Present day Smartphones
    LCDs TVs and HDTV
    PS3 and Xbox 360
    Sat Navs
    Paying for sky.

Probably things that are actually funny, you know like comedians and the like.

I have never come across anyone going to a gig to watch and laugh at an old piece of technology, but maybe if there are enough teednab-els out there right now we might set up a few Sinclairs, Amstrads and commodores in Vicar St and charge 20 quid a pop. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

jmayo wrote: »
    Some that come to mind.

PCs
    Original iPods
    Present day Smartphones
    LCDs TVs and HDTV
    PS3 and Xbox 360
    Sat Navs
    Paying for sky.

Probably things that are actually funny, you know like comedians and the like.

I have never come across anyone going to a gig to watch and laugh at an old piece of technology, but maybe if there are enough teednab-els out there right now we might set up a few Sinclairs, Amstrads and commodores in Vicar St and charge 20 quid a pop. ;)

Christ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Christ....

It's okay, he didn't mean it, he was clearly joking.

He implied Ed Byrne and Joe Pasquale are funny!
    Has to be trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Dartz wrote: »

Oh, and the idea of paying for music/film/tv
    :confused:

Advertisement