Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil range stops burning

Options
  • 04-06-2012 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I hope you can help me

I recently received a delivery of home heating kerosene oil and decided to re light the oil range (had just been serviced )

Initially , the flame burned for perhaps 2 minutes,before clogging up with soot/carbon an then the flame went out.

I recleaned,checked that the oil flow was good and retried..same result

I have been reading about the low sulpur kerosene oil that has come on stream and causing issues in the UK.(EU Directive)

Has anyone experienced such an issue..is there an additive that I can add to each oil fill that will fix the issue..do they work or just cause more harm(have read about Adeco )

Is there something that the oil company should be adding to the fuel, to prevent the problem arising

I hope you have come across this and can help

Thank you

Comments

Advertisement