Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making your tan last longer

• 04-06-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi ladies ,
    I figured it post here because I'm asking about appearance,
    I recently started to sunbed sessions and was wondering is there any tips you might have to prolong the tan? I'm using aftersun and moisturising twice a day....

Or have you any tips to tanning faster? Which brand of cream or tanning accelerator is your favourite??

Cheers.
    Sashiee x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Sashiee wrote: »
    Hi ladies ,
    I recently started to sunbed sessions and was wondering is there any tips you might have to prolong the tan? I'm using aftersun and moisturising twice a day....

Or have you any tips to tanning faster? Which brand of cream or tanning accelerator is your favourite??

Cheers.
    Sashiee x

Eat fish. The vitiman d contained in the fish will slow down the loss of a tan. We lose our tan in order to absorb more vitiman d so it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Ronseal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

When you are showering do not scrub the skin or use any thing that exfloliates the skin, you are scrubbing away at the top layer of skin which contains the colour, which will cause your tan to fade quicker. Don't wax, you are removing hairs but also the colour. Use a really moisturising shower gel, something with oil is your best bet, with a load of moisturiser after your shower. And can I be a real granny here and say, fake tan can look fantastic too and saves your skin in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

fenris If you have nothing helpful to post, then please don't post.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 fordey101

Pure coconut oil is meant to be fantastic for holding your colour, you can buy it in a health food shop! Also, Australian Gold dark tanning accelorator is the business!! You can get it for €20 on amazon, use it before tanning.

Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

I agree with the coconut oil suggestion, I buy it from my local health food shop for €2.00 and it is amazing. I used the sunbeds from Jan to April for my wedding and haven't used a single session since 5th May I'm still as brown as ever my colour hasn't really faded at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Is the coconut oil hard? I'm just back from holidays and want to keep my tan!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Pembily wrote: »
    Very hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pembily wrote: »
    Pure coconut oil is solid in contact with air, but is very soft. It has so many uses you can melt a small bit by literally warming it between your hands or quickly melt it in a microwave for larger quantities. If you google the benefits of coconut oil, you need the good stuff i.e virgin/extra virgin. There's very little benefit in "extracts" i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sashiee wrote: »
    Hi ladies ,

Cheers.
    Sashiee x

Sashiee, would you consider fake tan? I know it's not answering your question but sun beds are so dangerous. I am no saint and have used beds in the past but the reality is I will regret it in later life with wrinkles (if not worse) I don't even sunbathe in the natural sun but use fake tan. I read an article in a magazine a few years ago about UV photography it was scary. If you insist on sunbeds a lot of places sell Australian gold products that vary in price, I used to buy the mini sachets first before I bought a big bottle. I remember one being €70! There is a type of sunbed called "the sun angel" which measures the pigment in your skin, my friend who is naturally tanned finds this
    machine better as she only needs one session every 3 weeks and she has never burned on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement