Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Assaulted - Mod Note Post 10

• 04-06-2012 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Joey Barton is believed to have been assaulted in the early hours of this morning outside a nightclub in Liverpool.

Police were called to the scene at 5.30am and a 29 year old man, SSN reporting it as Barton, had been assaulted. Two 21 year olds have been arrested and remain in custody

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Maybe they were just trying to get him sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Was he in Liverpool to try get into the England Squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Rumours are circulating that the pair forced Barton to read his own tweets. He remains in a gravely critical condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

How strange. An alleged assault in Liverpool city centre where someone with the surname of Barton is the victim? Most be upside down day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He finaly found a fight he couldnt finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I couldn't care less about a ''professional'' footballer'', Well, maybe Luke Chadwick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mod Note

Even Joey Barton is not allowed be abused.
    This is a final mod warning, and anything else after in this thread will result in infractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Whenever you hear the word Barton or Balotelli in the news I assume it's not football related and involves a bit of craziness.
    I just don't get it like. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Picture of him in the "fight".

AuiJwqjCQAES65A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I wonder what part of "a few drinks in Liverpool city center" seemed like a good idea for him. He knows full well what football fans are like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

There seems to be a smattering of blood on his arm/ wrist area!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Read his Tweets for the last 2 weeks and you have to wonder is he sane? QPR should find a way to sack him without having to pay compo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Joey Barton is probably not completely blameless in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Read his Tweets for the last 2 weeks and you have to wonder is he sane? QPR should find a way to sack him without having to pay compo

would that be your policy with all sufferers of mental health problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Joey Barton is probably not completely blameless in this.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Picture of him in the "fight".

AuiJwqjCQAES65A.jpg

Why is he naked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Please please make all mention of this man disappear from media that I try to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That was Karma that punched him in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Gbear wrote: »
    Why is he naked?

Shirt off only - don't excite yourself too much.
    In fairness there are a lot of people out to get a footballer in the public limelight.
    Roy Keane spent nights in jail for the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gbear wrote: »
    Why is he naked?

Maybe he was trying this..

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dorgasm wrote: »
    That was Karma that punched him in the face

resists the urge to make a PW related pun...

on a serious note though (not bolded however as thats been done already) please refrain from showing your distane towards Barton (if you have any) in a way thats against the charter. I dont like banning folk

on topic: I'm not a big fan of Joey but i'd imagine he is the victum here however i'd also imagine that most other people in his position would find a way to avoid such a situation (not that on rare occasion it wouldnt be the case but thats not for this thread).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

In fairness there are a lot of people out to get a footballer in the public limelight.

If you look at the bottom of the picture it looks like he is in his boxers. Probably not the case though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I heard he'd got ejected from a nightclub but was trying to make sure a few other fellas got thrown out with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

podge018 wrote: »
    would that be your policy with all sufferers of mental health problems?

Ah here we go...

Yeah doubt it was all his fault probably down to a couple of lads wanting to play hardman. I used to hate the chap but i can imagine he's not nearly as bad a half of the footballers out there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

If you look at the bottom of the picture it looks like he is in his boxers. Probably not the case though.
    Just noticed that too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's probably the girls leg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Excuse my ignorance here, but didn't Keane glass someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kryogen wrote: »
    Joey Barton is believed to have been assaulted in the early hours of this morning outside a nightclub in Liverpool.

Police were called to the scene at 5.30am and a 29 year old man, SSN reporting it as Barton, had been assaulted. Two 21 year olds have been arrested and remain in custody

Police are said to be treating the incident as 'hilarious'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Apparently the two others involved were giving him abuse then punched him, he didnt press charges so there shouldnt be much more about it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Excuse my ignorance here, but didn't Keane glass someone?

Maybe you are referring to this story from the Sun ?
    The story of Keane's arrest originally appeared in The Sun newspaper, where allegations were made by Leanne Carey that the United midfielder had kicked her in the thigh after pouring a pint of beer over her friend.

BBC Radio 5 Live's Steve Wilson reports from The Cliff, United's training ground
    Ms Carey said she had met Keane and some of his team-mates as they celebrated their title win in Henry's Bar in Manchester city centre.

The 25-year-old Australian was quoted as saying: "He gave me a good kick, I'll have a bruise tomorrow."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/346559.stm

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/police-poised-to-clear-roy-keane-406839.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

From the reports I've heard so far it does actually sound like Barton s blameless in this case. Abuse shouted at him by a couple of 21 year old lads and then they threw a punch at him. The two were arrested but Barton isn't pressing charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

jaykay74 wrote: »

Was that story in end meant to have been total BS?

Something got do with her working for The Sun paper in first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Roy Keane v Joey Barton now there is a fight!!....my money would be on Keano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Barton getting in a fight?! I call shenanigans!

Joey Barton assaulted?

Well as the 'John' Duffy imitation said on the Savage Eye, "what next Bankers getting ripped off by their own customers?! ,politicians being lied to by the people, priests being fondled by altar boys?, AH...JAAYYYYYYYYYSSSUSSS!!!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A tee-total pacifist getting into a brawl outside a nightclub at 5:30am. Doesn't sound like Barton at all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Even Joey Barton is entitled to a night out with family and friends but going into Liverpool city centre with his reputation ( deserved or not ) for fights he could have done himself a favour and went someplace else because he's a red rag to like minded nutters or anybody wanting to take him down a peg or two for football reasons , or simply because he carrys that baggage around with him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

He's been arrested over it .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Joey Stikes again

1m Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak
    PA Sources: Footballer Joey Barton arrested on suspicion of affray after altercation outside nightclub in Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No wonder he didn't want to press charges :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He was released on bail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Why does it always happen to the good ones?

The guy is his own worst enemy but I say hes actually not that bad. He is a hot-head, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Couldn't happen to a nicer lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I hope the Police take the case up against the 21 year olds, if they started it. Whatever about Barton's onfield antics, he should be allowed to go out and not be abused. Who the hell do people think they are that they have the right to abuse someone verbally or physically? Sickening that their actions would be approved by anyone.

Anyone with a haircut and tash like that would get verbal abuse on a night out, so don't make out it's just because poor Joey is a footballer.:pac:

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Anyone with a haircut and tash like that would get verbal abuse on a night out, so don't make out it's just because poor Joey is a footballer.:pac:

Is that honestly the case? Do people on here behave like that on a night out? So you see someone in the street with an odd haircut and you shout abuse at them for it?

This is acceptable?????

I don't know why but I am always amazed by the degenerate views on here.

Is that honestly the case? Do people on here behave like that on a night out? So you see someone in the street with an odd haircut and you shout abuse at them for it?

This is acceptable?????

I don't know why but I am always amazed by the degenerate views on here.
    What planet do you live on?
    People get abuse on nights out all the time for all sorts of things, it's called ALCOHOL....and so many people are guilty of it, doesn't make it right.
    come out of your box will you.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    What planet do you live on?
    People get abuse on nights out all the time for all sorts of things, it's called ALCOHOL....and so many people are guilty of it, doesn't make it right.
    come out of your box will you.

Why must these witty gems be thrown onto to the end?

What planet do I live on? What are you on about? Of course I know this happens, as I thought would be obvious as we are discussing the very issue. What I had asked is was this acceptable, not OMG does this really happen?

Comments like yours and others such as he desrerves it, or couldn't happen to a nicer fella are barbaric, and degenerates like that don't belong in society.

Because people choose to be different from your views, doesn't give anybody the right to abuse them, and if you are going to cite alchol as an excuse, the don't fing drink because you have a problem!

Why must these witty gems be thrown onto to the end?

What planet do I live on? What are you on about? Of course I know this happens, as I thought would be obvious as we are discussing the very issue. What I had asked is was this acceptable, not OMG does this really happen?

Comments like yours and others such as he desrerves it, or couldn't happen to a nicer fella are barbaric, and degenerates like that don't belong in society.

Because people choose to be different from your views, doesn't give anybody the right to abuse them, and if you are going to cite alchol as an excuse, the don't fing drink because you have a problem!

I never condoned it, i only remarked it does happen for all types of things different about someone and ALCOHOL is the cause, and took offence to your insinuations that i am a "degenerate"
    You sound like a person who hides behind a keyboard to slag people off, especially when you have to ASK what goes on, on nights out.
    Either that or you're too young to go know what goes on.
    Keep talking ****e dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement