Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results compared to real ones?

• 04-06-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey. :)

I was just wondering, on average, do results tend to go up from the mocks rather than dropping? (I know everyone's different, but I'm just curious on average). I got 430 in my mocks, which is more than what I need (385) but I keep worrying that I'm going to drop points and not get enough. I know I can definitely improve certain grades but I can't help being nervous. Am I right to be so nervous or should I chillax a bit and stop freaking out??

Thanks in advance, and good luck to anyone doing the L.C!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

It all depends on whether or not you worked hard for your mocks.

In general, people's points tend to rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Think about it, you've done several weeks more study than you had for the mocks, likelihood is you'll do better.

Only way you'd go down is if you've been sitting around doing nothing since the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

I got 410 in the mocks from studying the night before each exam
    really should of applied myself more, but oh well :D hoping to get to around 470 in the real thing, Ive been studying long and hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I got 510 in the mocks. My friends have been saying, "Yeah, you'll be grand. Everyone goes up. You'll have studied more."

I buy that logic to an extent, but thanks to this wonderful establishment, I knew most of what was coming up in the mocks.

eg. poet for English
    essays for history.

So I'm not to confident about getting over 500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

donvito99 wrote: »
    I got 510 in the mocks. My friends have been saying, "Yeah, you'll be grand. Everyone goes up. You'll have studied more."

I buy that logic to an extent, but thanks to this wonderful establishment, I knew most of what was coming up in the mocks.

eg. poet for English
    essays for history.

So I'm not to confident about getting over 500

haah! you're the exact same as me!

Advertisement