Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History?

• 04-06-2012 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea on what might come up on the history this year? im going over northern ireland right now, but any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 teacake

Im hoping that coleraine comes up, anglo irish treaty has to there, and I hope hitlers foregin policy comes up ( as far as i know it has never come up) heres hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

These are what my teacher predicted and tbh if these came up I'd be delighted!
    Irish History:
    Michael Collins <3
    Fall of Home Rule/Rise of Sinn Fein
    Eucharistic Congress
    Anglo-Irish Treaty

Norther Ireland:
    Sunningdale Agreement
    Faulkner
    Welfare State
    Apprentice Boys of Derry

American History:
    Truman
    Organisation Man
    Domestic Affairs (Racial Tension/Drugs/Crime/influence on foreign policy)
    US Foreign developments 1973-1989
    Montgomery Bus Boycott
    The collapse of concensus

Document:
    India.

I'm fairly positive if you knew all these you'd be grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Just remember the examiner is looking for quality and not quantity, a good history exam answer of 3-4 pages will be plenty to get you a good mark. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Did it last year but remember that when the consolidsation of catholic identity or womens suffrage didn't come up a few people were surprised. ( this is ireland 1870-1914). So I'd tip one of them to come up anyway if that's any help. Maybe education in that period as well. For Hitler section maybe something to do with his coming to power & establishment of a totalitarian regime & something to do with French politics between 1920-40 or Vichy France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

3 pages for a history essay? o_O

Also, do people think Parnell will come up for Movements for Reform? There was a Home Rule Question last year but it didn't actually mention him so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Namlub wrote: »

Also, do people think Parnell will come up for Movements for Reform? There was a Home Rule Question last year but it didn't actually mention him so...

Seriously, you only have 40 mins per question (assuming you are doing honours) take into account, what question you will do and your plan for the answer, you don't feel that time going. Keep it to the point, over 4 pages might mean your answer loses its shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Roughly going along the guidelines, I should be ok for everything except foreign developments 1973 - 1989, so that is what I shall brush up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Steffwhite

Namlub wrote: »

Im in the same boat. Quietly hoping he doesn't as I don't particularly like him! Ive heard mutterings of Redmond too! Id love killing home rule by kindness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Steffwhite wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. Quietly hoping he doesn't as I don't particularly like him! Ive heard mutterings of Redmond too! Id love killing home rule by kindness!

Aye I wouldn't mind that. Hoping for a good NI question too.

Advertisement