Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile?

Options
  • 04-06-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Is eMobile actually an Eircom company or Meteor? Reason I ask is because my sister has an outstanding bill with Meteor from when she went to Australia, which she is paying now but wasn't when she was away. She want's to get a phone on bill with eMobile because she heard it runs off Meteors masts? Will she be refused if money is owed to Meteor or is it an Eircom side of things or a completely different (seperate) firm.

She has come to an agreement with Meteor and is paying them back, but obviously they won't give her a bill phone until the debt has been cleared.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Curly Watts

Anyone?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Is eMobile actually an Eircom company or Meteor? Reason I ask is because my sister has an outstanding bill with Meteor from when she went to Australia, which she is paying now but wasn't when she was away. She want's to get a phone on bill with eMobile because she heard it runs off Meteors masts? Will she be refused if money is owed to Meteor or is it an Eircom side of things or a completely different (seperate) firm.

She has come to an agreement with Meteor and is paying them back, but obviously they won't give her a bill phone until the debt has been cleared.

Hi Curly Watts
    eMobile is within the eircom unberella. If your sister can PM me through your account here I can have a look at the possibility of this for her.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Anyone?
    If your sister owes money to Meteor then it has nothing to do with any business she may have with eMobie, they are two different seperate companies although owned by the same parent Eircom or their new owners.

eMobile can not chase her for any debt owed to Meteor and any private details are covered by data protection and cant be passed on to eMobile BUT she may be required to show her last meteor bill before eMobile accept her as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bloomfield

If your sister has missed payments, will that show up in her credit reference? If so that could cause problems getting a new contract with any of the networks.

Advertisement