Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining ME with Business, Sept 2012

Options
  • 04-06-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Guys,

I am joining UCD this Sept for Master of Engineering with Business. How is the course and its job prospects?
    Can anyone else studying the same course help me out with some more details?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭bbuzz

The job prospects are excellent, but Civil is definitely still tough. The 6 month work placement helps a lot.

The engineering side of the course is as tough as it is anywhere, but the business side is very difficult especially to get top grades. Most of them are with business masters students in Smurfit and are completely different to engineering modules so takes some getting used to and require a lot of work.

Overall the course is very good, and employers are very interested in it and it definitely broadens the range of companies that would consider you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 the_lunatic

Thanks for the reply. What sort of jobs does a ME with business graduate expect? I mean the position wise. An engineering job or a management job? Could you name a few job titles you have seen people get into after the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TransportCons

Thanks for the reply. What sort of jobs does a ME with business graduate expect? I mean the position wise. An engineering job or a management job? Could you name a few job titles you have seen people get into after the course?

junior business development manager with an engineering consultancy?

Advertisement