Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a fart contain DNA from the farter?

Options
  • 04-06-2012 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭

And if so would it be possible to clone someone if you got hold of one of their farts?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

/internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Are you worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

juan.kerr wrote: »
    And if so would it be possible to clone someone if you got hold of one of their farts?

That's it, I'm cancelling UPC.

There is not enough internet between me and people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Oww, my brain. My poor poor brain...... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

That's it, I'm cancelling UPC.

There is not enough internet between me and people like you.

Cancel away, leaves more space and bandwidth for the important questions...

Like why is the first fart in the morning always a loud one? Is it due to a pressure buildup overnight or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

What you've bottled it and your going to find out for once and for all who it is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If it does, there's a lot of people with my DNA up their noses.

Um...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Indeed it does.

Your crime will be found out mate. There really is no escape unless you get yourself first before they get to you... Cyanide is simple and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Follow through would have DNA

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BeatDGodM0D

The dna fart tests say.... he IS the father

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭beerbuddy

Thats Gas altogether

jester77 wrote: »
    Follow through would have DNA

We're talking about gas only, no solids (this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mairzydoats

It just contains gases which I don't believe can be analysed (no pun intended) in order to ascertain (again no pun intended) the source.
    However, it has been established that in 99% of cases, he who smelt it, dealt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I commend you good sir for having the courage to ask the questions that everybody wants to ask but don't have the nads for it.

Well done. You are a hero amoung men.

It just contains gases which I don't believe can be analysed (no pun intended) in order to ascertain (again no pun intended) the source.
    However, it has been assumed that in 99% of cases, he who smelt it, dealt it.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

In theory a person could be traced by their fart if there was a fart bank or fart profiling.

But such is the complexity of the idea of fart profiling that it has been thought up of now.

It was my idea, I came up with it first.

Does that mean you leave no trace of urself if you light your farts on fire??

FYP.

Thanks for your assistance.

Does that mean you leave no trace of urself if you light your farts on fire??

Actually, it would be safer to light your farts if you were genuinely worried about leaving traces of DNA. This could cause any follow through to be compromised and unusable as evidence in criminal cases.
    However, I am not condoning the introduction of a naked flame to the act of flatulence.

Actually, it would be safer to light your farts if you were genuinely worried about leaving traces of DNA. This could cause any follow through to be compromised and unusable as evidence in criminal cases.
    However, I am not condoning the introduction of a naked flame to the act of flatulence.

Sounds like the makings of a great song - 'Farts on fire'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Cancel away, leaves more space and bandwidth for the important questions...

Like why is the first fart in the morning always a loud one? Is it due to a pressure buildup overnight or something?

Do you think it's impossible to fart while asleep or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sounds like the makings of a great song - 'Farts on fire'

Jack Black has just copyrighted this title.

Novella wrote: »
    Do you think it's impossible to fart while asleep or something?

No, but pretty much every morning I let out a loud one within minutes of getting up. Some days it may be the only fart or at least the only noisy fart that I disseminate.

Hence the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wheres that Close Account button......

Wheres that Close Account button......

Says the guy located in his own bungholio :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Perhaps the force of the fart might dislodge some epithelial cells although these would be deposited on your trousers/undies. If you were naked and farting......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

AH - where the important issues in life are dealt with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

<3 AH

Marcusm wrote: »
    Perhaps the force of the fart might dislodge some epithelial cells although these would be deposited on your trousers/undies. If you were naked and farting......

Thanks, this is probably the closest to an answer I've gotten. I'll need to read up on epithelial cells though. I'm assuming those are brown specks of poo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Thanks, this is probably the closest to an answer I've gotten. I'll need to read up on epithelial cells though. I'm assuming those are brown specs of poo?

Skin cells.

AH keeps getting weirder :p

Advertisement