Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suzuki grand vitara - any good

• 04-06-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

hi, im thinking of buying an 2008 2ltr petrol, suzuki grand vitara, 5 door passenger vehicle,
    its just there is one going at a keen price, has 108 km on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Vitara are a good jeep. Petrol ones should be very cheap at moment due to high tax and I would expect around 30 to the gallon on one. However if the price is right and you like them , go for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

its an 08 so tax would go by on c02 emissions i think

im getting it for 6500 euro

A lad I know has an 07 petrol one from new, nothing at all has good wrong on it, faultless, like the one you're looking at its a low miler, I'd have no reliability or maintenance concerns anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

2pack wrote: »

Worth checking out the taxation cost. Most of the petrol ones are still high tax and I would expect that yours is also. It would be important to know beforehand and is makes a huge difference in sales in Ireland and is probably why the car is reduced. Then again if the price is right , it may offset the higher tax.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

shawnee wrote: »
    2pack wrote: »

Worth checking out the taxation cost. Most of the petrol ones are still high tax and I would expect that yours is also. It would be important to know beforehand and is makes a huge difference in sales in Ireland and is probably why the car is reduced. Then again if the price is right , it may offset the higher tax.:p

6500 is a super price. If the car was registered pre July 08, all the better, 660 euro tax per annum. If its post July it's emissions based.

If you like it, buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Avoid the 1.9 Diesel at all costs.
    The petrol ones should be well built with the main downside being the obscene cost of genuine parts as some things for Suzuki are impossible to get spurious. €6500 seems well overpriced for the petrol one too unless it is very low mileage.

edit: should have read the op, I'd be looking at trying to get a bit of discount off the €6500 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'd be amazed if you even got 30mpg from it tbh....

Avoid the 1.9 Diesel at all costs.
    The petrol ones should be well built with the main downside being the obscene cost of genuine parts as some things for Suzuki are impossible to get spurious. €6500 seems well overpriced for the petrol one too unless it is very low mileage.

edit: should have read the op, I'd be looking at trying to get a bit of discount off the €6500 tbh.

hi Frankie lee, to be honest would have liked the diesel better myself as would be easier on the fuel id say but they are abit more pricey

anyway this one has got 108km, maybe highest enough kilometres for an August 2008 petrol vehicle,

what do you think its worth 6000 euro? they are on donedeal in the region of 7500-9500 with lower km i must admit

im to look at it later on this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

There is a huge discrepancy between asking prices and selling prices with these, €5000 to say €5750 would be a fair pice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

I did 3500km in one of these last month (albeit 2011 model) and averaged about 10.5L /100km = approx 27mpg IMP, it was running studded tires though which would have hurt economy a bit. Ground clearance not amazing on them but probably not an issue for most.

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »

On a run at 60mph i don't see why you wouldn't, 5th is tall enough in them from what I remember. The chap I know who has one has a mobile home 30 miles away and reckons the Vitara isn't much heavier on petrol than the 1.4 Octavia it replaced up and down to the mobile for a weekend, he'd drive very little when down there.

RoverJames wrote: »
    On a run at 60mph i don't see why you wouldn't, 5th is tall enough in them from what I remember. The chap I know who has one has a mobile home 30 miles away and reckons the Vitara isn't much heavier on petrol than the 1.4 Octavia it replaced up and down to the mobile for a weekend, he'd drive very little when down there.

1.4 in the Octavia is a sh1t engine. Wouldn't surprise me if the economy was not that different from it either as the Octavia wouldn't pull you out of bed.

On a cruise in the Vitara at 60mph sure I'd imagine 30mpg is possible but certainly not around town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Yeh we've one here, and its never given a problem in 5 years of driving to be fair very reliable little run around, but the one downside is its far from easy on juice. 10.5l/100km sounds about right to what ive got from it, needs a 6th gear revs much too high in 5th for any real economy. but if thats acceptable to you, (and the 2ltr might be better) i would say go for it.

On a cruise in the Vitara at 60mph sure I'd imagine 30mpg is possible but certainly not around town.

:confused:

RoverJames wrote: »

:confused:

Combined fuel consumption. :rolleyes:

had a look at this vehicle and found out it had previous light damage but very well repaired, so surely not worth near the price he was looking for it now

Advertisement