Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African Migrants Fire bombed in Israel

• 04-06-2012 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

A dreadful cycle of Anti- Migrant violence in Israel continues:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/04/jerusalem-apartment-housing-migrants-firebombed

An apartment housing 10 Eritreans has been firebombed in Jerusalem, against the backdrop of rising anti-migrant sentiment in Israel.

The attack in the early hours of Monday morning follows a series of firebombings in southern Tel Aviv.

Shops run by or serving migrants were smashed up and looted in a violent demonstration last month, in which Africans were attacked.
    Politicians, including the prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, and the interior minister, Eli Yishai, have inflamed the volatile mood by suggesting Israel is being flooded with 'illegal infiltrators', that migrants are responsible for a crime wave and calling for all migrants to be locked up or deported.

On Sunday, a law came into effect allowing the Israeli authorities to jail migrants for up to three years.

Of all countries you would expect more from Israel. A very very sad state of affairs.

MOD NOTE: This thread is not for discussion of anything besides the news above. Do not use this thread to discuss the Israel/Palestinian conflict.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

What a lovely country!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't the Israelis know that sharing is caring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

MrMatisse wrote: »
    A dreadful cycle of Anti- Migrant violence in Israel continues:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/04/jerusalem-apartment-housing-migrants-firebombed

An apartment housing 10 Eritreans has been firebombed in Jerusalem, against the backdrop of rising anti-migrant sentiment in Israel

The attack in the early hours of Monday morning follows a series of firebombings in southern Tel Aviv.

Shops run by or serving migrants were smashed up and looted in a violent demonstration last month, in which Africans were attacked.
    Politicians, including the prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, and the interior minister, Eli Yishai, have inflamed the volatile mood by suggesting Israel is being flooded with 'illegal infiltrators', that migrants are responsible for a crime wave and calling for all migrants to be locked up or deported.

On Sunday, a law came into effect allowing the Israeli authorities to jail migrants for up to three years.

Of all countries you would expect more from Israel. A very very sad state of affairs.

white phosphorus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Israelis are the masters of hypocrisy. But the US will protect them, never fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Israel the worlds finest country........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Jesus it must be really shite in africa if you move to Israel for a better life.

Jesus it must be really shite in africa if you move to Israel for a better life.

It sorta is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

I-ran-y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

[QUOTE=MrMatisse;79021668]Of all countries you would expect more from Israel. A very very sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

Ammmmmm not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Youd have thought they would welcome migrants given they are migrants themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Reports of the violence in Isreal:

Shopkeeper Ellen Barhat hides behind the closed iron louver of her shop. Only a narrow crack separates her from the street. Only a few customers enter the shop, which in any case has hardly anything left to sell. The refrigerator door has been ripped from its hinges, and Barhat has already cleared away the fragments of the many broken bottles. Only the red bricks resting on the floor - which had been hurled into his shop

http://www.haaretz.com/news/features/fear-and-loathing-in-south-tel-aviv.premium-1.434025

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yizzer all anti-Semites for suggesting that the Israelis are wrong for murdering blacks

Yizzer all anti-Semites for suggesting that the Israelis are wrong for murdering blacks

Funny thing is something along those lines is sure to be posted in all seriousness soon.

Youd have thought they would welcome migrants given they are migrants themselves.

According to them Israel is their rightful homeland. Although most of them jews are from russia-germany...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Funny thing is something along those lines is sure to be posted in all seriousness soon.

I reckon it's imminent.. Also, with the state of our own economy we have no right to be criticising other countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Perhaps this was this perpetrated by Arab Israelis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

According to them Israel is their rightful homeland. Although most of them jews are from russia-germany...

As far as I know a lot of European Jews aren't even actual Israelis, but are descended from Eastern European tribes that converted to Judaism. So that means Israel isn't really their homeland...

Oh the lolness.

the situation in South Tel Aviv is a really sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Reading the title I thought they had bombed some African migrants fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Hold tight, the JIDF lads will be along presently. They're just working out how to approach this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Whats next? Maybe they should start putting, I don't know little yellow stars on anyone who is not a "Israeli" jew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

There is racism and discrimination in every country in the world,even amongst Africans.As the western world goes deeper into recession you can expect to see nationalism and anti immigrant groups rising and getting more support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I heard the plan is to put all the african migrants into detention camps currently under construction. There, they will do labour to earn their way. A work camp if you will..
    Anyone know what arbeit macht frei is in hebrew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Could happen in any country unfortunately - I'm opposed to the Israeli state's behaviour towards Palestine buy it's unfair IMO to place this attack in the context of the political situation. Plus the thugs who did this are not all of Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Source?

Presumably his own sick twisted imagination?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone know what arbeit macht frei is in hebrew?

Or indeed Neo Nazi anti-semite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah yes, so work WILL make African immigrants free. Anyone know what 'arbeit macht frei' translates as in Yiddish?

Actually yeah, fuk them. This mentality goes up to official level. Kristallnacht sprung to mind when I re-read the OP just there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Could you imagine if we had state work for the African migrants who land here,we wouldn't be able to half fill mosney the amount of refugee applicants would be so slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Are the Israelis deliberately trying to make people dislike them or what?

I mean there are people alive who would remember this.

WTF Israel?

Are the Israelis deliberately trying to make people dislike them or what?

I mean there are people alive who would remember this.

WTF Israel?
    Oh you're just being anti Semitic you nazi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Illegal Infiltrators?
    Israel as usual acts in defiance of all law and standards of decency.
    Who Says the Jews Never Gave Us Anything?
    I still have that picture in my head of 11-year-old Ahmad Mousa who was unarmed and was shot in the head as he sat with friends.
    Aid workers shot dead,Irish peace keepers bombed,
    School's bombed,Hospital's bombed,
    And as usual the international community does nothing.
    Expel All the Illegal Infiltrators! They can start with themselves.
    The world stood up to Apartheid in South Africa.
    Now it's time for people power, Don't buy good's from Israel.
    Boycott all goods from 'illegal' settlements.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/0604/1224317205334.html

What will boycotting achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Will justice minister Shatter speak out against this?

He is the first to speak out in support of his beloved homeland whenever someone sullies its name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If your not a Jew you not really that welcome in Israel.

I came across some lovely people there, but if somebody does not like you there for your beliefs or whatever there is no worse country to be in. That includes places like Congo.

From my own eyes I don't like what Israel is doing to there neighbours. They can be ruthless. Actually their army is the most brutal I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Confab wrote: »
    Israelis are the masters of hypocrisy. But the US will protect them, never fear.

Yup, and come November most of those arguing (rightly) against this on this thread will be trumpeting the re-election of Obama, as if he has nothing to do with it. Depressing really.

• Advertisement

Cool. Well then they should preach what they practice and stop pushing "multiculturalism" in western nations.

Ronit Lentin, Alan Shatter, Ivana Backic and many more have pushed multiculturalism in Ireland.

All zionists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

IrishAm, too rightwing for stormfront :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

IrishAm wrote: »
    Cool. Well then they should preach what they practice and stop pushing "multiculturalism" in western nations.

Ronit Lentin, Alan Shatter, Ivana Backic and many more have pushed multiculturalism in Ireland.

All zionists.

Yeah, its a Jewish conspiracy.....You know Bacik supports a boycott of Israel? Or did you just go "Jew=Unequivocal Israel Supporter" and rant away regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I came across some lovely people there, but if somebody does not like you there for your beliefs or whatever there is no worse country to be in. That includes places like Congo.

From my own eyes I don't like what Israel is doing to there neighbours. They can be ruthless. Actually their army is the most brutal I have seen.

Are the young people changing in that regard or is their time in the army reinforcing the hostility towards non jews ?

biko wrote: »
    IrishAm, too rightwing for stormfront :D

I guarantee that I am more left wing than you, friend.

Wanting the EU to operate more stringent immigration policies does not make one a right wing stormtrooper. :)

I guarantee that I am more left wing than you, friend.

Wanting the EU to operate more stringent immigration policies does not make one a right wing stormtrooper. :)

But automatically equating Jews with zionism and saying they act as a body to promote an agenda does indicate that somebody has - at the very least - downloaded the Stormtrooper application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

c_man wrote: »
    Yup, and come November most of those arguing (rightly) against this on this thread will be trumpeting the re-election of Obama, as if he has nothing to do with it. Depressing really.

So it would be better for migrants to Israel if Obama does not get re-elected?

Nodin wrote: »
    they act as a body to promote an agenda does indicate that somebody has

They say it themselves.....

They say it themselves.....

"They" So the person in that video is Head Jew for Europe or something....? Dear o dear.....

Would you care to retract your remark about Ivana Bacik?

You know that Ronit Lentin is not a zionist and has written extensively about the evils of the occupation as well?

Nodin wrote: »
    "They" So the person in that video is Head Jew for Europe or something....? Dear o dear.....

Nah. Just a jewish leader of a jewish organisation with one of their main aims - to promote multiculturalism in europe. Which, she states must take place. Europe must become multicultural.

Swedish state funded, of course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement