Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African Migrants Fire bombed in Israel

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nodin wrote: »
    Here we go......

Keep saying that - maybe it'll make it true.

In fairness there might be some truth in it.

Israel hasn't had to fight a war in a few years now so people 'tend to forget about these things.

Boycott's meh, we'd be boycotting half the nations on earth if we really gave a rats ass about human rights abuses.

But since this thread is about race hate attacks by racists in Israel, is that really a case to boycott anything or anyone?.

fran17 wrote: »
    no actually it was confirmed by many independant observers the aid consisted of food,clothing and medical supplies mainly.but just as well our citizens did'nt put up any resistance or they too would have been murdered like nine other "fools" involved in the flotilla were right?

Was it only nine?.

I thought it was more.

Tbh since the fools publized their intention's to break a blockade the boats should have been attacked and sunk while still in port.

But thats not the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

In fairness this does seem like bog standard racism

but I don't want to get into a discussion so Israel Bad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭brimal

Here we go......

'Here we go'? What an ignorant statement to make. I am entitled to post my opinion on the issues discussed. Your posts towards me have been getting personal of late - show some respect.
    Keep saying that - maybe it'll make it true.

It is true. I showed you many links recently of the bad press the IPSC and it's boycott are getting in the national media. You only have to compare the comments, opinion pieces, blogs, etc. out there from say even 12 months ago and you will see a huge difference in attitude amongst the Irish public.

I know how you love your links, but I'm still trying to find anything online that will show you the trade between Israel has increased almost year on year. The fact I know is because I was shown by somebody in the know (pretty weak argument on a forum, granted) If you know of any place to look online I'll be happy to look for it.

Eamonn Gilmore himself stated last week that trade with Israel won't be affected by this boycott or any pressure by IPSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Israel hasn't had to fight a war in a few years now so people 'tend to forget about these things.

Boycott's meh, we'd be boycotting half the nations on earth if we really gave a rats ass about human rights abuses.

But since this thread is about race hate attacks by racists in Israel, is that really a case to boycott anything or anyone?.

Yes. You only need to watch the videos to hear the politicians urging the people to riot. Not just the low-level politicians and the rabbis but the high level ones as well. The ones higher up in the hierarchy do not use obvious language but the racist message is the same. Maybe if the world was united in boycotting them, they wouldn't think they are beyond reproach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

O he's talking about the IPSC and the general movement to boycott Israeli goods, not in relation to this, but the occupation etc.

While the attitude expressed by various parliamentarians is ugly, this specificaly wouldn't be overly thread worthy, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Good luck with the boycott lads. Probably need to get rid of the auld computer, mind.

Don't forget to donate the cash to the Palestinians and the Africans.

brimal wrote: »
    'Here we go'? What an ignorant statement to make. I am entitled to post my opinion on the issues discussed. Your posts towards me have been getting personal of late - show some respect.

It is true. I showed you many links recently of the bad press the IPSC and it's boycott are getting in the national media. You only have to compare the comments, opinion pieces, blogs, etc. out there from say even 12 months ago and you will see a huge difference in attitude amongst the Irish public..

...two or three articles, one in the times, one in the indo. Right of reply was given in the times.
    brimal wrote: »
    I know how you love your links, but I'm still trying to find anything online that will show you the trade between Israel has increased almost year on year. The fact I know is because I was shown by somebody in the know. If you know of any place to look online I'll be happy to look for it.

Eamonn Gilmore himself stated last week that trade with Israel won't be affected by this boycott or any pressure by IPSC.

.....which is all the more reason to press ahead, and push for sanctions at the UN and EU. This is totally OT.

O he's talking about the IPSC and the general movement to boycott Israeli goods, not in relation to this, but the occupation etc.

Ah cool, is that movement still going?.

Honestly I've never met anyone who has actively boycotted Israeli produce, but I know lots who call for it.

I wouldn't think its easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

MrMatisse wrote: »
    An apartment housing 10 Eritreans has been firebombed in Jerusalem, against the backdrop of rising anti-migrant sentiment in Israel.

The attack in the early hours of Monday morning follows a series of firebombings in southern Tel Aviv.

Shops run by or serving migrants were smashed up and looted in a violent demonstration last month, in which Africans were attacked.
    Politicians, including the prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, and the interior minister, Eli Yishai, have inflamed the volatile mood by suggesting Israel is being flooded with 'illegal infiltrators', that migrants are responsible for a crime wave and calling for all migrants to be locked up or deported.

On Sunday, a law came into effect allowing the Israeli authorities to jail migrants for up to three years.
    Reminds me of night in history which led to far worse racism in the immediate future. Kristallnacht in Germany was the exact same thing only it was Germans destroying Jewish shops and Jews were blamed for crimes and similar laws were put into effect. History repeats itself and this needs to be watched. That being said, I'm not anti Israeli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Was it only nine?.

I thought it was more.

Tbh since the fools publized their intention's to break a blockade the boats should have been attacked and sunk while still in port.

But thats not the topic of this thread.
    sorry to disappoint but yes only nine.just out of curiosity did the brainwashing process you recieved take long and how much israeli propaganda were you forced to read?

IrishAm wrote: »
    Good luck with the boycott lads. Probably need to get rid of the auld computer, mind.

Don't forget to donate the cash to the Palestinians and the Africans.

Are you going to retract your anti-semetic generalisation re Ms Bacik and Ms Lentin?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79023154&postcount=42

fran17 wrote: »
    sorry to disappoint but yes only nine.just out of curiosity did the brainwashing process you recieved take long and how much israeli propaganda were you forced to read?

You know what.. Nodin and myself have been knocking heads over these issues for the last number of years, and do you know why we continue with each other?.. Because we haven't resorted to insults and have maintained a level of respect for both ourselves and each other.

When you resort to this carry on you lose my respect and my attention to your rantings, so you carry on but don't expect me to reply to anything from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    You only need to watch the videos to hear the politicians urging the people to riot. Not just the low-level politicians and the rabbis but the high level ones as well. The ones higher up in the hierarchy do not use obvious language but the racist message is the same.

That's the disturbing thing about it. It's one thing to have gangs of racist droolers attacking people (you'd get that anywhere) but it's quite another when you get high level politicians fueling the fire.

I can't abide that fucker Netenyahoooo - he's a dangerous man imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

That's the disturbing thing about it. It's one thing to have gangs of racist droolers attacking people (you'd get that anywhere) but it's quite another when you get high level politicians fueling the fire.

You think that Jews and Israelite peoples would understand how bad racist politics can be with all the anti Semite politics in the world

It would be disturbing but I'd have to see the whole thing in its proper and complete context.

Its like when we hear qouted speeches from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calling for Israel to be wiped from the face of the earth (and other mad cap rantings) ~ really I take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

You know what.. Nodin and myself have been knocking heads over these issues for the last number of years, and do you know why we continue with each other?.. Because we haven't resorted to insults and have maintained a level of respect for both ourselves and each other.

When you resort to this carry on you lose my respect and my attention to your rantings, so you carry on but don't expect me to reply to anything from you.
    bit late to be taking the high moral ground here when you believe the "fools" delivering rugby balls should have been torpedoed in port in cyprus....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It would be disturbing but I'd have to see the whole thing in its proper and complete context.

Its like when we hear qouted speeches from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calling for Israel to be wiped from the face of the earth (and other mad cap rantings) ~ really I take it all with a pinch of salt.

There's a bit of a difference though because Madmood Ahmadinnerjacket* doesn't really have any power and Iran is a widely recognised as a pretty nasty theocracy and abuser of human rights.

On the other hand Israel claims to be a democratic and freedom loving nation and Netenyahu has plenty of power (the stomach churning standing ovations by the clapping seals in the US congress would be evidence for this) and he is backed by Zionist US billionaires who are pumping money into the US presidential elections and bankrolling pro-Netenyahu Israeli papers.

*also, he never said that Israel should be wiped of the map - he said the Zionist doctrine should be erased from the page of history, or something to that effect - you're probably aware of this.

*also, he never said that Israel should be wiped of the map - he said the Zionist doctrine should be erased from the page of history, or something to that effect - you're probably aware of this.

I'm not aware of it, like I said I take it all with a pinch of salt.

But I have little doubt that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's word carries a lot of weight to the man on the street just as the other idiot's in Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

Why is everyone ignoring the most obvious solution? Deport the illegal aliens and things will be grand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

MrMatisse wrote: »
    A dreadful cycle of Anti- Migrant violence in Israel continues:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/04/jerusalem-apartment-housing-migrants-firebombed

An apartment housing 10 Eritreans has been firebombed in Jerusalem, against the backdrop of rising anti-migrant sentiment in Israel.

The attack in the early hours of Monday morning follows a series of firebombings in southern Tel Aviv.

Shops run by or serving migrants were smashed up and looted in a violent demonstration last month, in which Africans were attacked.
    Politicians, including the prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, and the interior minister, Eli Yishai, have inflamed the volatile mood by suggesting Israel is being flooded with 'illegal infiltrators', that migrants are responsible for a crime wave and calling for all migrants to be locked up or deported.

On Sunday, a law came into effect allowing the Israeli authorities to jail migrants for up to three years.

Of all countries you would expect more from Israel. A very very sad state of affairs.

Would you? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Me bollocks. They are burning out simple farmers and people fleeing persecution in their homelands. You aren't going to handwave that away by pointing at Iran, laddie. This is a bad business and no mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Are you going to retract your anti-semetic generalisation re Ms Bacik and Ms Lentin?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79023154&postcount=42

Sure. I retract my earlier statements regarding the two aforementioned females. I looked into it an both have produced works condemning Zionism. I was wrong.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

What do you expect from a group of people that believe they are the "Chosen ones" and are promised that land by god?

Racism is bad enough in Europe let alone adding in that extra religious element in somewhere like Israel?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement