Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commissioner for Oaths

Options
  • 04-06-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a peace commissioner in Dublin 15 Clonsilla/Blanch area?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ciaran Feighery is in the main street in Blanch, just beside the junction with Clonsilla Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Commissioner for Oaths and peace commissioner are two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

What is the form / declaration?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rhythmfish

I need a duplicate parchment for a Diploma which I was awarded.

Hetac won't send it out unless I have a statutory declaration form signed by the appropriate person.

The form is at this link

http://www.hetac.ie/docs/Template%20Statutory%20Declaration.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Right so you just need a solicitor. Ring your nearest one, bring some cash and ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Noel O'Reilly in is great. He is a notary public and commissioner of oaths. He has done loads of notarising for us over the years to do with our kids adoptions.
    He is part of Seamus McGuires practice in the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Had to get a Peace Commissoner a while back, Blanch Guards gave me 2 addresses 1st guy in in Springfield moved away 10 years ago the current occupier has informed the Garda on numerous occaisions but they keep giving out the address anyway
    and the other address for a house at the back of Brophys shop, occupiers wouldn't answer the door even though I could see them inside.

Ended up going into Seamus Maguirse Solicitors paid 12 euro, form signed, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Yep it's hard to find Peace Commissioners, and when you do most don't have rubber stamps.

Best thing to do is just Google
    "Commissioner for oaths [name of area]"
    and there will be a couple advertising their services

Yes it will cost a tenner per signature but a Commissioner for Oaths can sign everything that a Peace Commissioner can

Advertisement