Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

da tang noodle

Options
  • 04-06-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

bought a voucher from grab one for da tang noodle. its only valid if you order online and enter your voucher number. this i did, after registering with the site, and got a call back from the them saying the got everything i ordered except the voucher number. asked me to re-input it. ended up doing it 4 times in total and they still did no receive the voucher number. seemingly there was somethinig wrong on their end. offered to give the lady the voucher number over the phone and she insisted that it had to be done on line. told her that having tried this 4 times and it not working that the easiest thing would be just to give her the number. again she refused to take it. seriously, some people are so dumb!!

ive never had to jump through hoops to order take out like i did with this place. i know it was a condiditon of the deal that you order online, but if your online system aint working then you must find some way to accomodate your customer. the lady on the phone even told me this was a common problem with the grabone voucher!! having been there before i was looking forward to eatingg from there again. food is good, but really they need a more practical minded person working their phone

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

food is good

I agree, food is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So she is dumb because there was a problem with the online system and she had instructions to only let people place orders online?
    It seems the issue is with grabone.ie and not with da tang. Why don't you contact them instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

actually, i feel bad for using the word dumb. but the problem was with their website, not grabone. there is a section on their site to enter in the grabone voucher number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Food is more than good if eaten in the restaurant but I'm not a fan of take out from there.

Did you get it sorted OP?

nope! was trying to get in the order by re-entering the code when i was told that no more orders would be processed after 10pm (it was about 5 to). at that point i gave up. got some indian food from sahi palace instead. later some other woman from da tang rang up apologising but at that stage i was a bit pissed off and told her where she could stick her voucher(admit i was a bit ott)! anyway i wont be going back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nope! was trying to get in the order by re-entering the code when i was told that no more orders would be processed after 10pm (it was about 5 to). at that point i gave up. got some indian food from sahi palace instead. later some other woman from da tang rang up apologising but at that stage i was a bit pissed off and told her where she could stick her voucher(admit i was a bit ott)! anyway i wont be going back

I'd love to give that voucher a whack :D the food is good mate, even if their website has bugs, adds to the flavour I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think we would all be a bit pissed off but don't let it stop you going back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Ordered take-away to be delivered through their website before and it never turned up. Called them numerous times with no answer.

They were obviously closed, but should have made that clear on their website. As far as I was concerned it said 'order confirmed' and we waited and waited for them to arrive with no luck...

Would be very reluctant to ever order from them again.

i found their website a bit too clunky. and i hate having to register for anything. there was a part of their site asking how would you like to receive offers from da tang, either by (i think) text, email or post, yet there was no option for 'dont contact me at all!!' i wanted food from them, not a relationship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I had problems with that voucher (presume its the same one) I think it worked if I used internet explorer (i think i might have turned off pop up blocker and the various security things too). I am certain its a pretty crappy website though!
    Personally I think Chi (their sister takeaway) has the edge on takeaway though the portions sizes seem to vary and have had screw ups with the orders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I had problems with this voucher when I ordered too...

Used it on the DaTang website and all went through fine. It had a delivery time option and chose the time for about 3 or 4 hours later. Dinner sorted for the evening, nice.

About 30mins later a take-away arrives from Chi. I assume from Chi as it came with the Chi menu. I assume it's for my housemate and take it. He knows nothing about it. Ring CHI - no answer. Look up CHI website and see a DaTang link. Open it and realise it was the food I'd ordered from DaTang! I wasn't hungry at the time so didn't overly enjoy it, but the food did seem good. Bit of a waste.

I emailed DaTang to see what's going on. They seem confused by the situation, haven't got a definite explanation yet...

Since then I've also been getting promotional SMS' from CHI.

Advertisement