Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Center to IBM ??

• 04-06-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if there is any other way to commute from city center to IBM campus in Damastown rather than public bus ?

I heard that there is some express bus every morning from O'Connell Street to Damastown but can't find any details :(

Do you have any info ??

tnx
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

oliv3r wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I was just wondering if there is any other way to commute from city center to IBM campus in Damastown rather than public bus ?

I heard that there is some express bus every morning from O'Connell Street to Damastown but can't find any details :(

Do you have any info ??

tnx

Expressbus operate morning and evening between o'Connell st and Damastown

http://expressbus.ie/coach-hire-dublin-express-bus.php?page=6&section=page&t=874

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oliv3r

Great!!
    thank you very much that's what I was looking for ;) just couldnt recall the name...

I can only assume that there isnt any other way to get there is it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Give that company a ring just to confirm times etc before going for it, only other option afaik is the 38a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I wonder would it be lucrative for a company to run a shuttle from Hansfield Station (when it opens) to IBM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

January wrote: »
    I wonder would it be lucrative for a company to run a shuttle from Hansfield Station (when it opens) to IBM...

Good question. I wonder why it hasn't been done so far: according to Google maps, Clonsilla station to IBM is identical in distance as Hansfield to IBM, Dunboyne to IBM is only a couple of hundred metres longer.

What might also work is a bus running in a loop from an Irish Rail station (whichever one) serving IBM plus the other corporate parks in the area (Rosemount, Ballycoolin etc).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

January wrote: »

Could possibly be handier to do it from Navan Road Parkway or Coolmine (as Maynooth and M3 Parkway commuter stops at both of these), both with good access and room for a bus to pull up.

Sure Hansfield is in the middle of an unfinished developement. Cycled pass it a couple of months ago and looked like nothing was still happeneing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jos1966

Anybody know how many staff working in Damastown??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jos1966 wrote: »
    Anybody know how many staff working in Damastown??

Thousands. http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,705367,741558,5,0

Advertisement