Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair- Recommendations?

• 04-06-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I need to get the power supply connection fixed on my laptop.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where in limerick is the best/cheapest for hardware repairs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Chea

Well there's this guy out in Castletroy that fixed my PC a couple of months back for €50. But the price was hefty because he replaced the graphic card which actually probably would have cost an awful lot to buy anyway so he's fair all in all. I'll see if I can find his number again and get back to you but keep an eye out in the Limerick Post that's where I found it originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Remouad wrote: »
    I need to get the power supply connection fixed on my laptop.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where in limerick is the best/cheapest for hardware repairs?

Limerick Computers Liam Begley 086 8112255

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Express PC repair in Castletroy are very good. They are based by the Kilmurry roundabout, and are across the road from Superquinn.

087 668 0834
    061 335747

They are quick, and do a good job. Very competitive in terms of price as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Thanks guys.
    Will check them out

Chea - that doesn't sound too hefty considering in pc world they said it would be at least 150 to fix!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭air

I've done a few of these on my own laptops and those belonging to friends, have done 3 or 4 Dell Inspirons I think.
    They will need to order a replacement socket first as they're unlikely to have one in stock, you could order one yourself from Ebay to speed things up.
    It's a pain of a job anyway, over an hours work even if familiar with the machine and easy to wreck the motherboard too, 100 quid certainly wouldn't be out of order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement