Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc installation time

• 04-06-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

im about to move houses soon,so want to know how long does the installation of upc takes once you order it ? Im not 100% sure but i think the house already has the upc box so,in that case i would only need their modem,which i could install myself,and another question is, does modem support only wifi or does it have Ethernet port as-well.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

They have time slots for each area so whenever your local UPC installer can come out he will, they will tell you the earliest slot available and you can choose which one suits you.

Also If the box is installed in your house already, presuming its cable and not MMDS and you are certain you can install it then you can use their self installation process where they will send you out the UPC equipment, and you can install it yourself.

The Modem has Ethernet ports and is also WiFi enabled.

Update: You can view the manuals for the Modems here, as far as I know they only have two and the first one shown is the most common modem.

www.upc.ie/customer_support/manuals/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

It took a week for my broadband/phone to be up and running after ordering, although my UPC cables needed to be upgraded outside so I couldn't choose the self install option. that was 40euro extra I think. For self installs they will send you out your modem by courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

cool thanks for info :)

Advertisement