Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English OL Helppppppppp :/

• 04-06-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys ,

Just a quick question I'm dropping to ordinary as I won't pass Honours at this stage so just double checking thats it's ok to do the same as I did last year btw I'm repeating....

Comparative
    Inside I'm Dancing
    How many miles to babylon ?

Single text
    Circle of Friends

Poetry

I know have to look over like 14 new poems but sure :rolleyes:

As I was looking at the prescibed material page on the SEC website and was saying 3 texts/films for comparative for Higher and Ordinary but last year only did two and came out with a good grade so has it changed or is doing 3 optional ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Hi guys ,

Just a quick question I'm dropping to ordinary as I won't pass Honours at this stage so just double checking thats it's ok to do the same as I did last year btw I'm repeating....

Comparative
    Inside I'm Dancing
    How many miles to babylon ?

Single text
    Circle of Friends

Poetry

I know have to look over like 14 new poems but sure :rolleyes:

As I was looking at the prescibed material page on the SEC website and was saying 3 texts/films for comparative for Higher and Ordinary but last year only did two and came out with a good grade so has it changed or is doing 3 optional ?

You're meant to have studied three at OL, but you're never expected to write on all three.

With regards the poetry, out of the four poems that will come up two will be from those that are prescribed for higher level also and the remaining two will be taken from those only prescribed for ordinary level. So tachnically you needn't really bother with the ordinary level poems.

Advertisement