Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths question 5 Paper 1

• 04-06-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm trying to self teach myself this chapter before the exam . What exactly do you have to know . Could someone please post the chapter numbers in eiter Text and Tests or Discovering Maths which cover this chapter . THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭TheBody

sheeba7 wrote: »
    I'm trying to self teach myself this chapter before the exam . What exactly do you have to know . Could someone please post the chapter numbers in eiter Text and Tests or Discovering Maths which cover this chapter . THANKS

Higher or ordinary level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Have you done Q4? You kind of have to do both I think, the stuff that comes up can be interchangeable.

A lot of Q5 is logs and exponents, and the binomial theorem comes up, recurring decimals and sometimes arithmetic/geometric series.

Q5 is quite easy but are you sure it's a good idea to try to cover another question at this stage? Might be better to focus on what you've covered already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

its chapter 3 in texts and test 2 (blue book) , thats just the induction part the other two parts of the question are usually surds or logs or let 2^x = y something like that. Fair play to you for teaching yourself this Itoo have thaught myself this Question and hope to do all questions on the paper

Advertisement