Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One man's fight against (alleged) Garda harassment

• 04-06-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this website yet?

http://irishinjustice.com/

Apparently this lad was mistaken for a Garda informer (through the fault of the Garda allegedly) and had to flee Ireland because of it. Now he's putting up a fight to get his life back to normal.

Sounds like a very low budget B-movie. Not sure what to make of it...do you think it's a piss-take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

He could be one of those people that stink of p!ss that stand outside popular places harassing people with his paranoia...

If true though I feel awful for him!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

How did you stumble onto that site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I recognise that guy, isnt that the fella that was wearing a wire for Mary Harney back in the day?

He'd queue up at a chipper and once it was turn to be served he whispered "go go go" into his breast pocket hankerchief, Harney would glide in on a film of melted butter and get "front cuts".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

hondasam wrote: »
    How did you stumble onto that site?

Reddit.com/r/ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Doesn't look like a piss take but some poor fella caught in the middle of some absolute red tape stupidity. Yikes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Apparently this lad was mistaken for a Garda informer (through the fault of the Garda allegedly) and had to flee Ireland because of it. Now he's putting up a fight to get his life back to normal.

Sounds like a very low budget B-movie. Not sure what to make of it...do you think it's a piss-take?

Not a piss take, but not nessecarily "real" either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Not surprised the special branch are a law unto itself.I was walking down the street one day a car mounted the pavement almost knocking me down two detectives jump out screaming fired me up against the wall and searched me and took my phone i have never been involved in criminality ever.When i asked why they were doing this they said i looked suspicious.They humiliated me on a busy road.And when i asked them when i was getting my phone back they said "When we ****ing feel like it"

Not surprised the special branch are a law unto itself.I was walking down the street one day a car mounted the pavement almost knocking me down two detectives jump out screaming fired me up against the wall and searched me and took my phone i have never been involved in criminality ever.When i asked why they were doing this they said i looked suspicious.They humiliated me on a busy road.And when i asked them when i was getting my phone back they said "When we ****ing feel like it"

Did ye report it to the Ombudsman? If not, you should have.

Did ye report it to the Ombudsman? If not, you should have.

No. It was about 3 years ago took me 4 weeks to get my phone back.The thing that annoyed me the most was they were honestly inches away from knocking me down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Once he got the bird and the bullet at the fence, then it was time to create a 1994 styled retro website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

To be honest the story sounds completely exaggerated if not made up entirely. I'd say he's a serial complainer and is at the point where he believes his own stories. The guards probably told him to leave the country in order to get rid of him but it actually fed his imaginary tale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

They didn't steal his identity - they merely created a likely-sounding name for their snitch. Coincidence. Why do dogs think when there's a knock at the door it's for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Is possession of drugs not a crime? (Quick look at your post history :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's impossible to know whether he's telling the truth or not. If he is then anything posted here about him could be potentially libelous.. and if he is dreaming it all up then having people talk about it will only fuel his delusions.

.....there's a number of holes in the plot. Firstly, who ever was being informed on would know the person doing the informing. The notion that they then go and start sending death threats to the wrong fecker over the period of nearly a decade is a bit bizarre to say the least.

Is possession of drugs not a crime? (Quick look at your post history :D)

Never got caught with possession of drugs i would not be complaining if they found drugs on me. Smoke the odd j of grass about once a month in my house that my friends bring to me if i got a drugs conviction i would lose my job.I would never bring drugs out in a public place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The Gardaí have a history of this type of thing, If you have any honour you don't rat out people to them so they make you out to be a rat then to damage your name, Numerous people have been murdered in Ireland for being suspected of being informers and the cops had their part to play in it by spreading whispers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

one man betrayed by the people he trusts now must fight them to clear his name but in a world where everybody is your enemy who can you trust with Jason Statham as "man" and Megan Fox as "lover interest" Summer 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Sounds like the plot from Shutter Island 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nodin wrote: »
    .....there's a number of holes in the plot. Firstly, who ever was being informed on would know the person doing the informing. The notion that they then go and start sending death threats to the wrong fecker over the period of nearly a decade is a bit bizarre to say the least.

Not bizarre at all to be honest.

Take the Collins family in Limerick. They refused to serve alcohol to an underage relative of a criminal gang member. That led to the scum coming back and shooting a person in their bar. They then gave evidence in court over the shooting which led to a court conviction in 2007.

They then were subjected to imtimidation and threats for the next two years which led to the shooting dead of Roy Collins in his place of work in 2009. That was not enough for the criminal scum and they continued to intimidate/threaten his surving family right up to the point that his parents and family had to leave Ireland for good a couple of months ago.

Criminal scum think nothing of waging a campaign of intimidation for years.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    one man betrayed by the people he trusts now must fight them to clear his name but in a world where everybody is your enemy who can you trust with Jason Statham as "man" and Megan Fox as "lover interest" Summer 2012

..and Brendan Gleeson as "The Guard".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Never got caught with possession of drugs i would not be complaining if they found drugs on me. Smoke the odd j of grass about once a month in my house that my friends bring to me if i got a drugs conviction i would lose my job.I would never bring drugs out in a public place.

Still involvement in criminality. Possible they may have associated you with illegal activity because of the company you keep.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not bizarre at all to be honest.

Take the Collins family in Limerick. They refused to serve alcohol to an underage relative of a criminal gang member. That led to the scum coming back and shooting a person in their bar. They then gave evidence in court over the shooting which led to a court conviction in 2007.

They then were subjected to imtimidation and threats for the next two years which led to the shooting dead of Roy Collins in his place of work in 2009. That was not enough for the criminal scum and they continued to intimidate/threaten his surving family right up to the point that his parents and family had to leave Ireland for good a couple of months ago.

Criminal scum think nothing of waging a campaign of intimidation for years.

......didn't say they wouldn't. What I'm questioning is how they'd do it against the wrong guy for years. Are they blind gangsters?

He gives no indication at all as to who these people are supposed to be either.

If they took the trouble to track him abroad, why did he come back here?

If hes in fear of his life, why
    http://irishinjustice.com/index_files/Page346.htm

I'm fully aware of the position the cops can put people in, and this doesn't come across as one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Why doesn't he just change his name? I know he shouldn't have to in a perfect world but 10 years of intimidation and no help from the guards I don't really see too many other options.
    He could change his name to ted crilly - it would lead to all sorts of hilarious situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Still involvement in criminality. Possible they may have associated you with illegal activity because of the company you keep.
    Looks more like the SB were just acting the dickheads than anything.

Show Time wrote: »
    Looks more like the SB were just acting the dickheads than anything.

Maybe they were and maybe they weren't but the description of never being involved in criminality ever wasn't really accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Maybe they were and maybe they weren't but the description of never being involved in criminality ever wasn't really accurate.

I had a patient on Friday who had 85 convictions, do you really think SB are interested in a guy who smokes a joint a couple of times a month:rolleyes:

Odysseus wrote: »
    I had a patient on Friday who had 85 convictions, do you really think SB are interested in a guy who smokes a joint a couple of times a month:rolleyes:

He must be getting it from somewhere, his mate could have gotten it off someone they have there on eye. They might have had their eye on his mates.

Its not the smoking that they care about its the supply and if your linked to someone they have pegged as a supplier then they may inconvenience you on occasion.

You really think the SB spend there day being dicks for the hell of it ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

All seems very believable to me.
    Fairly typical behaviour from the SDU to be honest.
    Best Gardaí you'll ever meet are rank and file, especially community Garda. They all turn to shít after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

My own thought on this anyway is that the person responsible for the harassment is more than likely an actual Garda with serious mental health issues. Seems the most plausible scenario, given the information put forward thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Fairly mad, yet believable

Advertisement