Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Account setup

Options
  • 04-06-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi EI,
    I recently moved to a new apartment and i wanted to set up a new account. How do i go about doing this? I have the readings but the website had different offers but i have no clue what offer brings me the most savings/ would be suitable for me! Could you advise me on this? I have storage heating and 2 readings for night and day. On the storage heating there is also a switch for night and day! Do i need both switched on? I want to maximize savings while at the same time enjoy the warmth.
    Could you provide me with info on how to progress on this matter?

Regards,

Reece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Reece76,

New customers can get up to 11% off our standard electricity rates, or 14% off if signing up for both electricity and gas. I'm assuming that you don't have gas at the apartment (hence the storage heaters)?
    Reece76 wrote:
    On the storage heating there is also a switch for night and day! Do i need both switched on?

You shouldn't need to touch this switch - it should change itself once in sync with the timeswitch on your dual-tariff (day/night) meter. The reduced night rate activates at midnight until 9am the following morning (11pm - 8am in wintertime); your meter will automatically take care of this.
    Reece76 wrote:
    the website had different offers but i have no clue what offer brings me the most savings/ would be suitable for me!

Our Valuesaver Nightsaver price plan would probably be your best option; it would require that you sign up to direct debit, with a further 2% discount available if you opt for online billing (total 11%). Note that we do not charge a security deposit (€300 for new customers) if you sign up to direct debit. Also, it is a fixed term price plan, with specific terms and conditions - more info here.

You can switch online here, call 1850 30 50 90, or request a callback. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Reece76

Hi Reece76,

New customers can get up to 11% off our standard electricity rates, or 14% off if signing up for both electricity and gas. I'm assuming that you don't have gas at the apartment (hence the storage heaters)?

[/You shouldn't need to touch this switch - it should change itself once in sync with the timeswitch on your dual-tariff (day/night) meter. The reduced night rate activates at midnight until 9am the following morning (11pm - 8am in wintertime); your meter will automatically take care of this.]
    Ok but if they are both off then the heater does not know it should turn on to conserve the heat for the day. im not talking about the booster switch, jjust the 2 switches on the wall!

Our Valuesaver Nightsaver price plan would probably be your best option; it would require that you sign up to direct debit, with a further 2% discount available if you opt for online billing (total 11%). Note that we do not charge a security deposit (€300 for new customers) if you sign up to direct debit. Also, it is a fixed term price plan, with specific terms and conditions - more info here.

[/You can switch online here, call 1850 30 50 90, or request a callback. Let me know if you need any further assistance.]
    <i have requested callbacks but since then noone has called me back and i didnt want to just fill in something i dont understand. maybe u can help me out.

Thanks,

David.
    i have requested callbacks but since then noone has called me back and i didnt want to just fill in something i dont understand. maybe u can help me out

Ok but if they are both off then the heater does not know it should turn on to conserve the heat for the day. im not talking about the booster switch, jjust the 2 switches on the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Reece76,

If you like, send me your name and contact number by private message and I will arrange a callback for you in relation to moving to Electric Ireland. :)

With regards to your heaters, it seems like it is a case of the following: one switch allows you to put the boost on for the day - if the switch is off you can't boost. And the night switch to allow for the night storage to turn on, which will occur automatically once the switch is activated.

If both these switches are off, no heat will come through them; if you have the night one off and the day one on, then you would only be able to boost.

The readings for day and night are for your electricity, not just your heaters. You would be charged depending on when you use the heater. If you boost it through the day, you would be charged day rates.

The brand of heater may also have how-to instructions on YouTube if you were to do a search.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement