Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying architect fees

• 04-06-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all, my wife and I are just after buying a site with full planning for a story and a half type dwelling. We'd like to re submit plans and are currently looking into a few architects. I'd like to know firstly, if you're using the full service of an architect, planning, drawings, tender, monitoring,is it normal or possible to pay the architect from the draw down of your mortgage.

Secondly, what is the average or going rate/% for a good architect at the moment.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

professional fees Would generally be separate + we like to be paid after each main stage: sketch design, planning, tender and construction.

Why not get 3 arch's to meet you and outline their fees? The price will vary depending on location and requirements

Advertisement