Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL MATHS PAPER 1...AHHHHHHHHH

• 04-06-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

ANY TIPS...............ANY???????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Look over algebra, its worth 33% of paper 1 if you do question 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Differentiation and it's counterpart, integration. Once you got them, you can attempt questions 6, 7 and 8! That's half of the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I find complex numbers and metreces are quite easy, I think there is a good few different things that can ask but there is still no harm going over the basics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Focus on algebra and differentiation that's 2/3 of the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

GarIT wrote: »
    I find complex numbers and metreces are quite easy, I think there is a good few different things that can ask but there is still no harm going over the basics.

Q 4 and 5 are the easiest questions on the paper. <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Know you're proofs! In particular the factor theorem, proof by induction and first principles. They come up almost every year!

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Q 4 and 5 are the easiest questions on the paper. <3

This is someone who knows what hes talking about.

Almost always the easiest to get A's in, and proof by inductions are probably the easiest theorems to guess if you haven't learned them...

Advertisement