Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Podcast recommendations: current affairs & general interest

• 04-06-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

i currently subscribe to a number of podcasts and find them interesting. Thought I'd share my list and ask for any other recommendations. I live in Toronto, so podcasts are the best way I've found to keep up to date on news and affairs back home. They download to my phone overnight and I can just listen to them on the go.

My current list is:
    • RTE Liveline (mostly so I can follow the liveline megathread on boards.ie. Some very funny commentary to the features)
    • Today with Pat Kenny (although Pat is pretty cringeful and alan partridge like, he does have interesting pieces)
    • Newstalk - The Sunday Show
    • The Right Hook - Technology & Travel segments only
    • Newstalk FutureProof - basically the same guy who does the tech slot on the Right Hook
    • Newstalk The Movie Show - although I seldom listen to it

Like I said, any recommendations would be great to add to the list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cant believe you dont have The Marian Finucane Show on that list.. Saturday and Sunday mornings, though Sunday is the more interesting show as she has a live panel reviewing the Sunday papers..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

Cant believe you dont have The Marian Finucane Show on that list.. Saturday and Sunday mornings, though Sunday is the more interesting show as she has a live panel reviewing the Sunday papers..

i'll add that one, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

It might be worth looking through itunes podcast charts. It gives Ireland's top ten in 15 different categories.

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/podcasts/top10podcasts.html

Advertisement